Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as The Automation Informatics Specialist
To qualified candidates living in Texas and living near a major airport.
The Automation/ Informatics Specialist works closely with Siemens
Healthcare Diagnostics first, second, and third level employees as well as
management. The AIS must respond to the most difficult system problems, such as
counseling customers, Sales Representatives, Technical Applications Specialists
(TASs), and Customer Service Engineers (CSEs) on corrective and preventative
measures regarding informatics, networking, IT security, and automation. The
AIS is integral to the planning of an installation, instrument setup, training
of lab personnel, learning tools, troubleshooting guides, and standardization
of operating procedures. The AIS will demonstrate the leadership and expertise
necessary to train, develop, and mentor TAS’s, CSE’s and Account
The AIS position assumes a leadership role in the Technical Applications Organization. Therefore, the AIS will be regionally based out of the Southern US, but recognized as a national resource and thus, will be required to support customers across North America as needed. This may require travel to meet the needs of our customers or the needs of the organization. The individual will routinely interact directly with customers including Laboratory Managers, Supervisors and IT Administrators, as well as external Laboratory Information System vendors, 3rd party middleware companies, contractors and facility engineering.
- Performing pre-implementation activities including support of the sales process, pre-installation meetings, and technical demonstrations.
- Meet with customers to discuss and establish readiness for Laboratory Information System (LIS) interface communication, network security and connectivity agreements, as well as establishment of customer specific workflow decisions that will determine system configuration activities (i.e., test setup, auto-verification, etc.) allowing for the successful integration of Siemens products.
- AIS’s perform implementation activities including system hardware, software installation, network setup, application configurations, and connectivity for instruments, LIS and Laboratory Automation System’s (LAS). In addition, AIS’s perform verification and acceptance testing, as well as training for lab personnel. AIS’s also mentor TAS’s and CSE’s regarding automation and informatics practices and principles, and the use of common tools and materials. In addition, AIS’s review learning materials/tools and troubleshooting guides, helping to establish standardized operating procedures, and other related functions associated with informatics and automation.
- AIS’s perform post-implementation support activities (on-site and remote), including answering questions, troubleshooting, and solving problems, following the Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics escalation process to involve second and third level support when appropriate. They also perform post-installation configuration, validation, optimization, and efficiency activities. They attend meetings/conference calls, providing and facilitating training and other ongoing education activities. The problems handled are often unique to each specific customer interaction with more complex problems often requiring the engagement of external resources and/or upper management.
- The AIS will be vital in maintaining customer satisfaction with Siemen’s informatics and automation products and the performance of the integrated Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics products as a complete system. They will be responsible for identifying areas that need improvement, implementing preventative and corrective action plans, and complying with Siemen’s quality/regulatory policy.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.