Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Provides executive assistance to Head of Finance of the global Laboratory Diagnostics organization of Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc. in Tarrytown, NY. The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent organizational, analytical as well as strong communication and administration skills. It is required to have strong teamwork skills, resourcefulness, and the ability to work effectively within a matrixed organization. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for all internal and external partners and colleagues on all matters pertaining to the Head of Finance. This position is based in Tarrytown, NY, and includes communication and interaction with various support functions of Siemens Healthineers in various locations, in USA and abroad.
- Schedules, prepares and acts as quality gate for all meetings with attendance of the Head of Finance
- Ensures meetings are prepared, documents are delivered in time, meet the required quality level and are complete
- Preparation / reading material is provided to Head of Finance in time, and required preparation time is scheduled in calendar
- Ensures Head of Finance calendar, email account and all communication channels are well maintained and perfectly organized
- Has perfect oversight of approvals required from the Head of Finance, makes sure that decision is made in time and ensures all information needed for the respective subject are readily available
- Prepares, edits, adjusts presentations; ability to take brainstorming ideas and transition these ideas autonomously in a final presentation product
- Drives small projects independently
- After required consultation with Head of Finance, answers and forwards emails independently
- Arrange schedules, meetings, and travel; maintains calendars
- Reconcile travel and expense reports, including cash and credit card purchases.
- Assist with some newsletter creation & some presentation editing/creation (MS Office)
- Plans, coordinates and prepares leadership team meetings and other meetings, prepares an account of the meetings and designates and follows up on assigned action items; partially participates in meetings and takes minutes of meetings as well as documents action items
- Facilitation of approvals and management of some document flows
- Maintain social network page (Siemens social network)
- Follow-up on action items and status reports and provides summary to Head of Finance
- Answers, screens, and places phone calls on behalf of Head of Finance; sorts and prioritizes mail; monitors all information flow, including maintaining paper and electronic files, data entry and retrievable from electronic sources.
- Assists in the management of visitors
- Maintains confidentiality of all sensitive or proprietary information.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Enjoys organization and support work; is driven by providing best in class support for executive; has passion to achieve outstanding results; is aware of the importance of the role as an executive assistant and is excited about it
- Ability to maintain proper confidentiality
- High comfort level dealing with sensitive information; able to handle Unrestricted information and records with the utmost of discretion
- Understanding of the significance of confidentiality in the workplace
- Proficiency to work with MS Office programs, expertise to create business-critical presentations
- Ability to learn quickly
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create and adjust schedules
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Problem-solving skills
- Multitasking skills
- Ability to accomplish tasks under pressure
- Organization and time management skills
- Goal-oriented mindset
- Very high attention to detail and ambition to deliver high quality works
- Basic understanding of finance topics is a must
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint);
- High attention to detail required with a focus on ensuring deadlines are met and accurate records are kept;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and manage complicated calendars
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to others; establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal and external parties; easily gains trust and respect;
- The ability to handle multiple projects and adaptable to changing priorities;
- Excellent judgment and composure;
- The ability to work independently, be flexible and have strong organizational skills;
- Good problem-solving skills, as well as, the ability to make suggestions to improve efficiencies
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date except where prohibited by state law.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.