At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens Digital Industry Software is looking for a dedicated Full Stack Web Developer to be part of the team building the next generation web experiences for our external customers.
In this role you will help build the platform for delivering Siemens 3D graphics and collaboration software through our .com sites. You will demonstrate the latest web development tools & techniques, AWS cloud infrastructure, and devops practices to deliver world classYou'll websites and services.
You will work in an open collaborative environment on a larger Digital Platform team responsible for delivering a suite of customer facing applications. You will have the ability to immediately make an impact as part of a team delivering high visibility and high traffic web applications.
Our new hire will be expected to contribute ideas, concepts, best practices, code reviews, and code development to deliver high quality software on tight timelines in a fast-paced enterprise application development environment. You should embrace the 5 pillars of well-architected cloud applications: operational excellence, security, reliability, performance efficiency, and cost optimization.Responsibilities:
As a Full Stack Web Developer, you will be responsible for designing and building web applications, operating the runtime environments including deployments and scripting, and writing unit tests. You should have a strong desire to build delightful web experiences for our customers.Detailed responsibilities include:
- Develop supporting back end microservices using NodeJS, AWS, Docker, SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Develop unit tests using Jest, Mocha, and Chai
- Develop deployment scripts using GitLab CI/CD and AWS Cloud Formation
- Operate the backend services including reacting to outages and building proactive continuous monitoring and alerting systems
- Optimize solutions for operability, security, reliability, performance, and cost.
- Works with a Scrum team to refine requirements, peer review code, and assist other team members with solving challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experience in React, VueJS, or NodeJS
- Experience in web application development and cloud.
- Experience working with databases
- Experience working in a team environment using agile methodologies
- Knowledge of SDLC, microservices, cloud design patterns, and software architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or another technical related field.
- Experience mentoring/leading a team of developers
- Interested in learning new technologies and new programming languages
- Experience with databases
- Experience operating a production website
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine requirement for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.