Company: Siemens EDA
Job Title: Software Engineer - Infrastructure
Job Reference #: 288184
Job Location: Wilsonville, OR
Siemens EDA is the longest standing Electronic Design Automation company in the world and over the last 30 years has amassed the finest technology portfolio in the business. Our software tools span the full breadth of semiconductor and electrical systems solutions including integrated circuit design and verification, PCB design & manufacturing solutions, cable harness design tools, and embedded software.
Siemens EDA has an opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to be part of the Build and Infrastructure Group for their flagship Calibre product. The group works on multiple areas of the SDLC including Source code management, building CI/CD pipelines, setting up and maintaining infrastructure both on-prem and on the cloud, licensing, clearing OSS, build and release management.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Provide first-level support/triage for requests by actively participating in monitoring and updating our ticketing system
- Follow-up on tickets languishing ensuring they are handled/closed
- Assist with supporting management of confidential data and UNIX groups
- Assist with on-boarding new hires, e.g., disk space, h/w availability, VM creation, placement into correct UNIX groups
- Assist with VM creation and management as needed
- Make user requested changes to UNIX groups and/or create, as needed
- Assist with cleanup after terminated employees
- Drive upgrades for down-rev hosts especially those that are difficult to upgrade because of tool dependencies
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required. Experience with Linux operating systems strongly preferred. Proficiency with GIT and at least one scripting language (e.g. bash, Python, Perl) preferred.
- The candidate must exhibit a service-oriented attitude and be able to work effectively with a world-wide, multi-site development environment.
- The candidate should have a strong desire for continuous improvement and have a passion for automation and making tasks repeatable.
- This position requires excellent communication and collaboration skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to work constructively and productively on a team, as well as alone, is essential. This position requires the ability to complete assignments on schedule and present results.
- The candidate should be resourceful, self-motivated, and comfortable taking initiative when appropriate.
- A big plus would be experience with one or more of these:
- Web tools & technology
- Compilers & linkers
- Software debugging tools
- General networking concepts, protocols and/or monitoring tools
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.