Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honour our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Support Specialist in Diagnostic Pathology to join our Regional Support team. In this role you will predominately provide over the phone technical assistance as well as perform a range of additional technical and administrative duties that support our internal and external customers. This position can be based in Melbourne or other regions however the successful candidate must be willing to travel to Melbourne for training.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Providing customer technical assistance such as processing customer calls in a professional and timely manner, giving frontline assistance where possible, or referring them to the relevant expert
- You will predominantly perform troubleshooting for Biochemistry, Immunoassay and Haemostasis
- Ensuring jobs are appropriately logged, annotated, dispatched to the customer care centre if on-site attendance is necessary and later closed in SAP
- Proactively monitor nominated portfolios and work with internal stakeholders to identify trends and opportunities for productivity improvements and then work collaboratively to roll out these actions
- End to end oversight and communication of escalated technical issues to relevant stakeholders including developing strong working relationships with local, regional and global Healthcare Diagnostics Technical Support teams and any relevant third-party supplier
- Proactively support the customer by providing technical information to the customer, ensuring understanding of technical updates, communicating customer feedback to stakeholders, evaluate customer competencies and recommend education and help customers achieve maximum process efficiencies through optimal use of Siemens Diagnostics products
- Training customers and new applications staff as required
- Increase and maintain technical knowledge and skills via various avenues such as, by participation in internal technical training courses and electronic and online learning and field visits and then disseminate this information to the rest of the Technical Support team
Your qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in either Technical, Engineering or Scientific qualification is mandatory
- experience in biochemistry or haemostasis being highly advantageous
- Prior use, troubleshooting or repair of Siemens Diagnostics products would be of great benefit in the conduct of the role
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and Word) and SAP are an advantage
- You will have full working rights and will be able to provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia
- It is critical that you have a proven ability to problem solve and apply logical thinking to your everyday work
- You will possess high level verbal communication skills in addition to active listening skills to really understand the customers’ needs and requirements
- Your passion for healthcare, customer focus and ability to work as part of a team will see you succeed in this role
In order to push the boundaries in our exciting and challenging industry, our shared sense of common purpose guides our decisions and day-to-day work. We work in a flexible and dynamic environment that allows for our own priorities. And while we respect each other’s individuality, we are proud of the high level of team spirit we share.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, get in touch with us today.
Applications close 13 February 2022 or sooner if sufficient applications are received.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Curious about our culture?
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Pty. Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time