At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital World of Siemens here :www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
- Work collaboratively as part of the Batteries vertical development team - a small, geographically distributed group within the Technology Application & Verticals Department, which itself is part of the larger Product Development organization.
- Build, extend and maintain new and existing battery simulation features and functionality in the Simcenter STAR-CCM+ and Simcenter Battery Design Studio software packages.
- Interpret requirements in order to design, implement and test new features in the theme of battery simulation methods. Produce design documents and prototypes to communicate ideas with the team and to stakeholders.
- Maintain features and provide bug fixes in existing software products.
- Analyze and implement refactoring of software to adapt to future-looking, user-oriented technologies.
- Own the software quality of development efforts within the battery theme and synthesize feedback on the features to continually enhance the product.
- Operate within an agile scrum environment taking appropriate ownership of development tasks and report back on progress and impediments.
- Use best-practices in software development to create high quality, object-oriented software using the C++ and Java programming languages.
- Maintain and improve the existing sizable code base through refactoring to improve quality and address evolving software requirements.
- Interpret market driven requirements to develop feature proposals, giving consideration to the end user and overall solution workflow.
- Create automated tests within a Java framework to exercise and maintain the quality of new features and ensure comprehensive test coverage of the product.
- Take part in design and code reviews, providing appropriate presentations, supporting materials in support of new ideas.
- Provide critical analysis of proposed software changes and review of work products from other team members.
- Work independently to address problems and bugs as reported from other developers and/or customers.
- Independently understand complex software development challenges and devise efficient, robust solutions across multiple platforms.
- Attend regular team meetings, provide status and report on progress of work products
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- MS or Ph. D in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of C++ development experience as part of a medium to large size development team building commercial engineering simulation software.
- A working knowledge of battery science, primarily lithium-ion, or numerical circuit analysis and familiarity with current simulation methods.
- Working knowledge of engineering simulation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Software development in a commercial environment.
- Engineering simulation software experience.
- Microsoft Windows MFC programming
- Parallel programming experience.
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted, you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.