Company: Siemens EDA
Job Title: Product Engineer - Functional Safety - ASIC / FPGA
Job Reference #: 288362
Job Location: Austin, TX
Siemens EDA (Formerly Mentor Graphics) is seeking a dynamic and professional product engineer (PE), who enjoys multi-tasking in a fast paced, technical, and friendly environment. In this position you will be focused on product and deployment scalability of the Austemper Functional Safety products. In this position you will be working closely with product development teams, marketing managers, application engineers and customers. Some domestic and international travel will be required.
Define product features and methodologies:
As a PE you will be defining feature and product requirements for the functional safety products to address current and emerging automotive safety challenges.
You will be working closely with product development and marketing teams to connect these challenges with Siemens’ current and emerging technical solutions. You will also be guiding customers on functional safety solutions methodologies and drive product rollout to evolve the next generation of products.
Support marketing activities:
The PE will work closely with marketing teams to perform market research, product positioning and creating supporting presentation materials. You will present and demonstrate the Austemper Functional Safety products in conferences, seminars, and events.
Work with customers:
You will be working with multiple customers to understand their challenges and flows. Your ability to maintain customer relationships will help make you effective in this role. Customer facing activities include product demonstrations, training, evaluations, and competitive benchmarking. The PE plays an active role in developing solutions to solve customer problems based on their insight into the customer’s environment.
An ideal candidate will have some verification experience and knowledge of reliability or safety standards. Additional responsibilities include:
- Managing technical relationships with Siemens’ existing customer base.
- Developing a network of technical relationships at a peer-to-peer level with both our customers and the product engineering teams.
- Delivering technical presentations, demonstrations, and training to a range of audiences including users, managers, and decision-makers.
- Influencing product direction by gathering customer requirements and defining the use models which drive the product development and marketing teams
- Participating in new feature specification, development, and validation process to ensure the product will meet customer requirements.
- Team player with capability to work across geographies in a cross functional environment.
- Education: B.S.E.E or equivalent with 2-5 years of experience; M.S.E.E. or equivalent preferred with 0-2 years of experience.
- Programming experience using Verilog, SystemVerilog, VHDL, TCL/TK, and Perl/Python.
- C++ or Java is a plus.
- UVM experience desired.
- Graphical interface development experience desired.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exposure to sales and applications environment is a plus.
- Occasional travel, up to 30%, is required.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.