ho crafts your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020Our Culture:
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to build efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about crafting perfect places that improve peoples’ lives. This position manages a team responsible for performing service work for Fire Sprinkler systems. The right candidate will coordinate fitter activities for all installed projects, Inspections and technical support programs, and time-and-materials (T&M) work to provide timely delivery and ensure customer expectations and commitments are met.Responsibilities:
- Supervise, train, and mentor the service team; set goals, supervise performance, conduct employee review meetings, and schedule formal training.
- Schedule and assign tasks to the team.
- Drive business growth by enabling and leading a highly effective team. Periodically assist the team with maintenance activities and submittal of required paperwork.
- Identify additional chargeable opportunities, including T&M, Move Add Change and Tennant Improvement work, and service contract expansions.
- Complete and submit written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Participate in sales-to-service and projects-to-service turnover process, including final project walkthroughs, service agreement scope and cost reviews, and final information turnover
- Support contract profitability through cost containment procedures and processes.
- Ensure contract requirements are met, complete and performed to a high standard.
- Support and assist with inspection compliance activities including deficiencies, compliance engine and healthcare accredited site documentation.
- Develop customer relationships and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction while ensuring effective and timely communications.
- Determine technical labor loading and appropriate balance of talent to ensure accurate resource coverage to meet customer needs.
- Champion safety compliance by ensuring employees meet or exceed organization and customer safety requirements. Ensure employees are accurately trained on all safety requirements.
- Enforce adherence to organizational processes, tools, and workflow standards.
- Education – High School Diploma or GED equivalency (State recognized) required, although candidates with a bachelor’s degree in a technical field are preferred
- Minimum 5 years' experience managing fire sprinkler inspections, testing, repairs, and projects.
- Code Knowledge - Must possess a strong working knowledge of NFPA 25-Inspection, Testing and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems and NFPA 13-Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems.
- Site Surveys – Must be able to perform customer site surveys to support the development of multi-offering service estimates and proposals.
- NICET level 3 in Water Based System Layout OR NICET level 2 in Water based System Layout with the ability to achieve a NICET Level 3 within a year of starting with Siemens is required
- Experience supervising teams preferred
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.