Siemens is a technology company focused on industry, infrastructure, transportation and healthcare. From more resource-efficient factories, resilient supply chains, smarter buildings and grids, to cleaner and more comfortable transportation as well as advanced healthcare, we create technology with purpose adding real value for customers.
Siemens Powers an Unlimited Tomorrow
As a Commodity Management Professional for Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock you will serve as the primary procurement contact between local management, internal clients and the supply chain management organization. You will collaborate with key departments including Material Management, Quality Management, Engineering and Logistics. You will demonstrate sufficient understanding of the global supplier market in order to select the most suitable vendors who are able to deliver high quality products at competitive pricing. We will rely on your outstanding negotiation skills to create value with regards to key metrics such as lead-time cost and quality. In this role, you will drive performance with suppliers, collaborate with internal teams and make your mark within a team that is focused on winning, succeeding and make an impact.
Siemens Mobility is transforming the way people travel through innovative solutions in technology in the real and digital worlds. We empower our customers to transform their industries and markets.
Your contributions will drive this mission. This Is Your Role
• Main contact / interface within procurement and to your supply base for all inquiries in proposal and execution phase for assigned commodities
• Execute commercial evaluation of proposals. Conduct negotiations and contract documents that include price, scope, schedule, contractual terms and conditions and other as applicable (for example, special requirements due to manufacturing location restrictions, government project requirements, etc.).
• Lead supplier technical reviews with Engineering and Quality. Drive clarifications and provide innovative solutions to solve highly complex supply/supplier problems.
• Work closely and collaboratively with Project Procurement Management (PPM), Engineering, Global Sourcing Team, and others as necessary to strategize best decision / outcome for Siemens.
• Coordinate and lead local or regional focus teams to achieve optimum conditions and savings through collaborative cross-divisional sourcing targeted activities.
• Define, adapt and implement commodity strategies based on demand, market intelligence and supplier analysis to ensure long-term, cost-efficient supply of material and services.
• Identify procurement risks, opportunities and market forces to avoid business exposure and exploit potential opportunities.
• Manage supply base through supplier selection, qualification, development and regular performance evaluations, to development the best suppliers and to ensure an optimum supply chain
• Strategically develop and implement the digitalization roadmap of the category by driving or supporting the digitalization activities across assigned commodities (e.g. market platforms, enhanced applications, process automation)
• Identify and drive disruptive solutions to influence the market as well as implement new or modified market sourcing strategies
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering or other relevant area a plus
• 3+ years of related experience in procurement, project management or engineering with an international organization
• Solid knowledge in Supply Chain Management, Strategic Sourcing, Commodity Management, Procurement Market Analysis, commercial terms and conditions, and high mix low volume production.
• Highly refined negotiating skills. Documented track record of successfully negotiating complex, high dollar contracts for products or services.
• Demonstrated track record of being entrepreneurial, proactive, self-motivated, willing to go the extra mile.
• Plan, organize and analyze data to build recommendations on sourcing strategies with implications for vendor selection, through Total Cost of Ownership analysis.
• Ability to present specific content comprehensively to respective target groups (senior and executive management)
• Full understanding of early involvement levers (E-Auction, GVS sourcing, bundling, etc.).
• Ability to perform within international industry.
• Advanced leadership and teamwork skills.
• Strong communication and presentation skills at all organizational levels.
• Ability to travel approximately 15% domestic/international.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Ability to read and comprehend Engineering specifications and drawings.
• Conduct should cost analysis
• Experience with Build to Print fabrication requirements
• Foreign languages (German, Spanish, Portuguese)
• Solid experience in advanced negotiation concepts (e.g. eAuction)
• Software/Application experiences ( SAP ERP, Excel, Word etc.)
• International and inter-cultural professional experiences