Building bridges between business and technology. Our software and system architects do everything possible to understand what is behind complex systems. What is the underlying business case, model, and idea?
Join us at Siemens Technologies in Vienna as Software/System Architect (m/w/d) and develop the appropriate architecture, communicating the crucial details of why and when to everyone involved. Play a key role in digitalization – in a promising environment.
Change the future with us!
You will research in the area of software/system architectures and software engineering methodologies for highly scalable and resilient software systems with focus on smart autonomous cyber-physical systems using machine learning and robotic technologies. You will manage development of prototypes using new design patterns and technologies with the goal to estimate their potential and present the results to business stakeholders (product development managers, business unit heads) to assess their business value. You will apply the research results in world-wide consulting based on coaching, assessment and reviews of architecture and used technologies, and/or directly participate in design of highly innovative products and solutions for Siemens operating companies.
What you need to make real what matters.
- Master’s degree in software/system engineering, software architecture, computer science, information technology, electrical engineering or similar (PhD is a plus)
- 3+ years of professional software architecture experience, preferable from one of the following domains: industrial and building automation, power generation and energy management, mobility/transportation, healthcare
- Expert skills in agile software/system engineering methodology und technologies for large-scale distributed systems, edge computing and cloud systems (AWS, Azure), e.g., UML/SysML modeling, architectural and design patterns, microservices, event-streaming/messaging, container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes), DevOps
- Programming skills: C#, C++, Java, Python, Java Script or similar. At minimum authority in one language and good working knowledge in another. Target operating systems: Linux and Windows.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
- Experience with data analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies such as reinforcement learning (preferable)
- Research background and/or experience from government-funded projects (preferable)
- Project management experience (project manager or team lead)
- Consulting and mentorship capabilities
- Intercultural sensitivity and interpersonal skills in world-wide distributed projects (preferable)
- Analytic und critical thinking
- Desire to never stop learning and improving. Initiative, motivation, enthusiasm and can-do attitude.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic team
- Fluent in English and preferable in German
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens!
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. We celebrate character - no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
What we offer.
Our compensation and benefits package includes a competitive base annual salary starts at min. €50.000 and can substantially raise based on your already achieved education and experience levels. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. We offer an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts to name a few. We encourage the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile and remote working.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Aktiengesellschaft Österreich
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time