Who we are | Our culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings, and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide
What does a Data Scientist do, you ask?
Buildings generate almost 40% of global CO2 emissions worldwide and at Siemens SI we aim to change this by dramatically reducing the energy use and maintenance costs of buildings. To achieve this at scale, we need to utilize the power of building data and solve the complex tradeoffs in a modern connected building.
We seek an enthusiastic candidate to join a global team of machine learning experts to work on these problems. You will collaborate with business owners and domain experts to properly define these problems and solve them. You will also work with data and software engineers to deploy your models and connect the results with consuming applications.
We foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Define problem statements and assess the feasibility of solving them.
- Clean and analyze data from a wide range of sources.
- Develop robust machine learning models to address the problems identified.
- Assess these models through cross-validation and with the input of domain experts.
- Deploy these models to our cloud infrastructure to add value to users.
- Monitor, maintain, and update these models as conditions and priorities change.
- Ability to travel globally for this position.
- Lives and promotes Siemens Values.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree required, PhD preferred
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in the application of machine learning using ‘real world’ data.
- Solid understanding of statistics and the mathematical underpinnings of machine learning techniques.
- Strong python knowledge including experience with common numerical and ML packages (pandas, scikit-learn, keras, pytorch, etc.).
- Data visualization skills through open source (matplotlib, d3.js, etc) or BI tools (Power BI, Tableau, etc.).
- Knowledge of building automation and HVAC systems would be an advantage.
- Additional technical skills are highly appreciated:
- Numerical focused programming (R, MATLAB, Julia)
- Additional programming languages
- Databricks / Apache Spark
Join us! Together we can build a better future for our world.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.