The Sr. Field Service Technician role is responsible for performing both on-site field maintenance and demand service jobs for Siemens process analyzers and equipment. On-site maintenance would include preventative maintenance and repair at a fixed customer location, while demand service includes travelling to multiple customer sites to perform start-up, commissioning, and/or repair services. The Houston-based Field Service group is part of the Customer Service department within the Analytical Products business unit of Siemens Industry, Inc. The AP business unit manufactures the Siemens Maxum Gas Chromatograph, Continuous Gas analyzers, System Integration projects, and provides support for Siemens analytical products. Our technicians are located throughout the continental US and are responsible for supporting North America, South America, Mexico, and Canada service activities.
- Troubleshooting and repairing of complex analytical systems.
- Gathering parts, drawings, and additional information needed to perform the service job to the highest level of ability.
- Ensuring readiness for site by completing all of the safety requirements to gain access to the customer’s site. This includes safety training at local councils, background checks, and drug tests, etc. (This position participates in a random drug testing program)
- Answering technical customer questions, troubleshooting over the phone, offering solutions, and support to the customer when necessary.
- Providing guidance to colleague field service technicians. Work as a team to provide the highest level of support and ensure skill sharing with other technicians.
- Continuous skill growth and improvement to stay current with products.
- Working with Research and Development to ensure the factory is aware of field issues/successes.
- Must be willing to travel 50% of time. International travel may be required. Majority of travel will be in the US.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Siemens Gas Chromatographs, Sample System equipment, and/or Siemens Continuous Gas analyzers – must be able to demonstrate these skills
- Minimum of 8 years within the Chemical/Refining Industries – must be able to meet site requirements to gain access to customer facilities and be familiar with the environment (TWIC card required)
- Excellent communication skills required – phone, email, and face to face
- Experience developing and maintaining good customer relationships
- Microsoft Office proficiency and general computer skills - paperwork requirements are part of job responsibility
- Knowledge of System Integration projects with a good understanding of drawings
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and willing to take ownership with minimal direct supervision
- Estimated 50% travel – including business meetings and service jobs
This position includes a company vehicle.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Individual must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs, walk for distances, climb ladders, change/move gas cylinders, and work in non-climate-controlled environments.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Technical AAS/Bachelor Degree from accredited school
- 5+ years Industry / Analytical Experience
- Extensive technical knowledge in Gas Chromatographs and Sample Systems
- System Integration knowledge including alarm systems, electrical wiring, troubleshooting experience.
- Bi-lingual (English, Spanish, German)
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.