Senior Executive - Mechanical Designer (Traction and Auxiliary converters)
Nashik | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
- Ensure a reliable and punctual supply chain of materials in required quality
- Mechanical Design of Traction Converters and Auxiliary converters (Locomotive, EMU, Metro)
- Design of mechanical housings for onboard, underslung and roof mounted applications (Locomotive, EMU, Metro)
- Experience in design of welded, riveted, glued sheet metal constructions
- Experience in Air cooled and water-cooled technologies (both module and converter level)
- Design and development of heatsinks, cooling plates, moulded components, low inductive busbars and insulating parts,
- Use of various IEC, EN and IS standards wrt Mechanical design, testing, product safety, etc
- Experience in FEA, Shock & Vibrations and CFD
- Understanding electrical circuit diagram and realizing the same in 3D modeling arrangement of electrical and associated mechanical components
- Design of air ducts or water circuit to suit requirement specifications of customer
- Design of mechanical components including the converter cabinet
- Clear understanding of Manufacturing processes and suitable design of components to achieve DTC and DFM requirements
- Knowledge of Weld design, GD&T, tolerance analysis along with tools and techniques like A3, 8D, fishbone analysis, etc
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You should have minimum experience of 2-5 years along with bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Siemens NX, Teamcenter, Ansys / NX Nastran, AutoCAD, SAP
- Knowledge in Mechanical Design, Standards & Technologies:
- Conceptualize, design, develop, validate and smooth introduction of Traction and auxiliary converters as per customer specification.
- Knowledge in designing converter cabinet and components for traction applications.
- Design Mechanical components and define test specifications for the same
- Selection of
components like insulators, heat sink, mechanical accessories, sealing
components, fasteners, etc.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Nashik. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time