Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers, Laboratory Diagnostics as a Data Scientist.
This full-time R&D position resides within the ‘Medical, Biostatistics and Data Management’ organization and will report into the head of the ‘Post-Market Biostatistics’ (POBA) team. The role will initially be exclusively remote, with an expectation to convert to a hybrid work environment when deemed permissible per site leadership.
This is a role well-suited for an ambitious, self-motivated professional looking for a challenging opportunity to gain significant experience and is driven to learn new skills. This impactful position directly supports the digitalization and clinical evidence initiatives of the company and will entail learning and growth opportunities.
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for:
- Ensure the Data Mart is available and updated daily with accurate data, including ensuring successful execution of SAS DI jobs and application of the AI filtering.
- Develop new tables in the Data Mart to handle new data sources and instrument platforms.
- Troubleshoot and support requests for ad hoc data pulls.
- Interact with the SRS self-service tool development team on a near daily basis providing weekly updates.
- Develop and manage the SRS Data Mart (customer’s calibrator, control, and patient data in the field) and develop analytical applications.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, programming, statistics, or other related field or 10 years’ related experience
- Data Visualization and ability to communicate complex analytics effectively to various audiences
- Working knowledge and skills regarding SQL server, SQL query development, SAS programming, Big Data Analytics.
- Understanding of statistical techniques and concepts
- Experience with AI/Machine Learning algorithms
- Familiar with SAS EG, DI and SQL
- Capable of preparing clear/concise analytical summaries and presentations
- Ability to use common Microsoft Office tools: Word, Excel, PPT, Visio, etc.
- Ability to collaborate and interface effectively with application developers and end users
- Excellent oral and written skills for cross-site and cross-function collaboration
- Dependable, motivated, focused and detail orientated
- Ability to take direction as needed and work independently on project when necessary
- Capable of managing time effectively and adhering to timelines and project schedule
- Experience with relational data base development, SQL server preferred
- Ability to program in SAS
- Experience working in a federally regulated environment and understanding of requirements (e.g., CFR Part 11 compliance)
Siemens Healthineers is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date except where prohibited by state law.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Healthineers
- Be part of exciting and innovative projects that help solve some of the world’s most significant health problems.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education and technology, and sustainability, making a positive impact on communities.
- Participate in our celebrations and social events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
We are globally recognized as an Employer of Choice, but don’t just take our word for it. Here are some of our most recent awards and recognition:
- Great Place to Work Certified 2021
- Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality
- Best for Vets Employers by Military Times
- Glassdoor Employer Rating: 4.0
Review our Benefits Summary:
Explore the Siemens Benefits https://benefitsatshs.com/thinking-of-joining.html site to learn about our competitive Benefits plans which we proudly offer to our regular full-time employees. The site can be accessed by clicking the link above or by copying and pasting it into your web browser’s address bar.
If you wish to find out more about the specifics before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.