The Sr Zone Technical Expert provides product expertise in Building Technologies Disciplines: Automation, Security or Fire products and 3rd party systems to Zone staff. Builds and delivers training and applications support for Field Technicians and Specialists. Provides on-site technical troubleshooting for resolution of customer issues. Provides sophisticated technical assistance for Sales activities
We put your safety first! We also offer you full health/life/vision & dental benefits, a company matched 401K plan, company profit sharing and generous paid time off.
This position can be in Chicago, Detroit or IndianapolisResponsibilities
- Working with the Zone Engineering team to and helping implement strategies for cross subject areas (automation, fire and security) specifically in I2S and IBMS.
- Diagnoses and resolves technical problems on jobs and provides appropriate reports to management.
- Troubleshoots network, software, and/or hosted system malfunctions. ? Leverage remote connectivity to improve rapid problem solving with technicians and customers.
- Works with other Zone Technology Experts to develop and share technical solutions.
- Builds training content.
- Work with Zone engineering team to implement strategies to reduce installation costs.
- Knows the latest with BT product documentation and communicates updates to field technicians and specialists
- Maintains technical expertise on all products, tools, and gateways through continuing education initiatives.
- Coaches Field Technicians on company systems and service offerings.
- Provides technical sales assistance and support on the latest company products.
- Performs product demonstrations and communicates design strategies to Sales Executives.
- Leads meetings in order to ensure best practice sharing and team work.
- Participates in advisory teams for new product releases, project slates, and technical training development.
- Provides Manager a monthly report of all activities performed (Sales support, Technical and Application support, training, mentoring, etc…). Suggests ways to continuously improve reports and meeting content.
- Supports all BT personnel, in the offices in the assigned Zone
Required Skills & Education.
- High School diploma required; BS/BA in related discipline preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ yrs engineering/systems experience.
- Certifications required by Fire code.
- Microsoft/Cisco/technical certifications preferred or required based on discipline.
- Demonstrates and applies a sophisticated knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of sophisticated assignments.
- Optimally applies knowledge of sophisticated concepts, practices, and procedures in particular specialization.
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for conducting company product training courses for Zone technical and sales staff.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates leadership skills to mentor less experienced ZTS’s and to lead sophisticated issues to resolution with minimal oversight.
- Must be 21 years of age to participate in required vehicle plan and must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, marital status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.