This role is responsible for getting a deep understanding and providing valuable insights and reports on key workplace performance data. This is an analytical role responsible for implementation and development of Business Intelligence reporting using the appropriate corporate tools to deliver accurate and reliable metrics that are used to inform strategic decision making on the corporate facilities portfolio. The role requires deep analytical thinking and a keen understanding of business processes and the ability to translate data into interactive and dynamic dashboards that are user friendly and reliable.
- Develop interactive/dynamic dashboards with BI tools. Responsible for maintaining consistency across multiple dashboards and for optimizing user experience.
- Develops and improves work flows and business processes within the functional area to improve user experience, and improve overall quality.
- Gather and understand the needs from our internal stakeholders to provide analytic solutions and insights to improve business results
- Complete complex ad hoc analysis, ensuring that analysis is validated and answers immediate and future business needs.
- Champions data and tools that increase organizational access to data and ad hoc capabilities to help stakeholders drive data-informed decisions.
- Conduct continuous data exploration of data sources (internal/external), working with other teams to add to DISW data lake, validate and cleanse the data, and stage for analysis.
- Collaborate and share ideas with other analytics functions to maintain consistency and accuracy of analytical tools, algorithms, and methodologies.
- Conduct demonstrations on analytical tools and concepts.
- Effectively leads projects in order to produce desired results.
- Recommends and assists with implementing standard policies and procedures.
- Participates in systems testing, develops procedures/controls, and provides recommendations for the ongoing improvement of the updated process.
- Assists personnel (both internal and external) by answering questions, supplying information, and training.
- Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with key partners and stakeholders.
- Seeks to continuously improve tools and reports for the benefit of the organisation.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Solid experience in a corporate environment preferably supporting Real Estate and/ or facilities as an analytics lead
- Experience in data, insights and analytics with increasing responsibility in a growth environment
- Experience in full lifecycle of analytics using Enterprise Tools: Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI
- Thorough knowledge of SQL with excellent hands-on exposure to database structures & principles, data models & dimensional models
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Advanced Excel – pivot tables, macros, PowerPivots and advanced functions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability in engaging with senior leaders
- Excellent problem solving analytical skills with the ability to communicate complex results.
- Proficient in producing data flow diagrams and being able to do data storytelling.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- 5-8 years’ experience working in similar role
- Analyst/ developer experience required with proven experience in operational analysis, data analysis, and problem resolution type activities.
- Data Warehousing and Data Migration knowledge
- Experience with design and use of DataMart’s, Dimensional Models, Aggregates,i-dimensional optimization technics in high volume environments
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted, you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.