eMeter is at the heart of the Internet of Things and Smart Grid revolution sweeping the globe: every electric, gas, and water meter around the world is being replaced by a smart meter that can measure precisely when and how much energy is consumed. We’re one of two major product portfolios making up the Siemens Digital Grid Software unit and are the leading provider of software that manages the enormous stream of data generated by smart meters and a growing number of other types of devices and sensors on the smart grid network.
The EnergyIP suite of smart grid applications enables utilities and their customers to lower costs, provide better service, and make smarter energy decisions. It is built on a common IoT platform, that uses state of the art technologies for distributed, high-volume processing, storage and analysis, for both transactional and analytics applications. Our growing suite of applications includes smart meter data collection and billing (“meter to cash”), outage detection, demand response, energy efficiency monitoring, customer portal, plus a suite of big data analytics apps for analyzing consumer behavior and optimizing the distribution grid.
We offer technically challenging work, opportunity for growth, an open and collaborative culture, and the chance to make a difference.
eMeter is seeking a Software Developer, who is enthusiastic and quick to learn, and who can:
- Work closely with senior members of the application team to design, implement, and deliver new features, for both on-premise and our new SaaS offering.
- Develop prototypes, high level and detailed designs, Java implementation, automated tests, and performance and resilience tests.
- Do this with strong design and high quality, delivering a complete, enterprise-class solution.
- Work collaboratively with other application teams, platform team and UI/UX team to build end to end integrated solution.
- Work with the Release Engineering team developing and enhancing CI scripts.
- Assist with debugging and fixing customer issues.
- Help to foster an environment of open communication, creative thinking, problem solving, and cohesive team effort.
- Bachelor's or a higher degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent field, and 2+ years of experience designing and developing complex, configurable, scalable enterprise software applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant technologies, including Core and Advanced Java, multi-threading, frameworks such as Spring, RESTful interfaces, asynchronous messaging.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and master new technologies. Intrinsic interest in continuous professional improvement and strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills in explaining design approaches and ideas, discussing alternate approaches and tradeoffs on technical merits.
- Proven proficiency and diligence in delivering a complete, maintainable solution, including high quality code, peer code reviews, fully automated unit tests with high code coverage.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Strong technical English written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly explain and document technical ideas and designs.
- Excellent team player. Proven ability to work closely as part of a small development team, providing design review and guidance, code review, test case review.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Great to Have Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases, data modeling, message brokers such as Kafka, monitoring tools such as Prometheus/Grafana.
- Understanding of the architectural principles for cloud-based platforms that include SaaS, PaaS, multi-tenancy, infrastructure as code, and continuous availability, and observability.
- Excellent skills in separating high level from detailed design considerations and creating a written design proposal for broader review and incorporating feedback.
- Proven proficiency and diligence in delivering developer guidelines for developer-facing components. Collaborated with other teams to ensure timely deliveries of dependencies.
- Experience designing scalable Java and RDBMS applications, designing and executing performance and scalability tests, and doing performance profiling, with proven examples. Proficient at debugging complex Java applications.
- Ability to clearly explain and document developer guidelines, operations guides, and prepare and conduct technical presentations and knowledge transfers.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: eMeter Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.