Junior Software Automation Engineer - Warehouse and Logistics Systems (m/f/d)
Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization! By closely collaborating with our partners and customers, we drive the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies.
Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
Together, we build technologies that take society further. Change the future with us!
What role will you play?
- Responsible for the commissioning of industrial logistics systems (e.g., storage and retrieval machines, floor conveyor systems, Electric monorail systems, lifting stations) in automation technology;
- Work in the concept development and drafting of specifications related to the individual customer requirements;
- Take on the software project planning of SIMATIC controllers with STEP 7/TIA Portal, WinCC (including via PROFIBUS and PROFINET) as well as user-specific Software applications;
- Testing of the software created as well as commissioning and handover for acceptance by the customer;
- Implementation of system-specific Customer training;
We are looking for:
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education/Technician in the field of automation technology;
- Confident in handling MS Office Applications;
- Characterized by systematic work;
- Very good knowledge of English;
- High degree of flexibility, team player and self-governing;
- High willingness to travel is required (above 30% per year);
- Training as a technician in the field of electronics or industrial engineering with relevant professional experience will be a plus;
- In-depth programming knowledge (Step7, WinCC) as well as knowledge of Project management and quality processes you could already collect will be a plus.
What we have to offer:
A flexible home office and schedule policy, virtual budget to improve your home office setup, health insurance, a Pension Plan and a Siemens Share Program time and financial support to your studies, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, 2 days for volunteering initiatives and a cool and relaxed environment.
Access to e-learning platforms (Learnlight, Linkedin Learning and more), discounts with partners.
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is crucial to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to develop agile working and innovation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time