Hardware Automation Engineer - Warehouse and Logistics Systems (m/f/d)
Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization! By closely collaborating with our partners and customers, we drive the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies.
Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
Together, we build technologies that take society further. Change the future with us!
What role will you play?
- Responsible for the electrical construction of conveyor systems for the automotive industry;
- Develop solutions for complex and user-specific problems and design electrical constructions for controls in automation and drive technology;
- Record and analyze customer requirements regarding the technical equipment;
- Support our customers regarding technological solutions and the joint definition of the respective range of services;
- Create schedules and work out calculations, including inquiries and coordination of services in the field of switch cabinet construction;
- Support commissioning activities, both virtual and on customer site;
We are looking for:
- Have a technical degree, e.g., electrical engineering or automation technology;
- Gained project experience in the field of electrical construction;
- Experience in usage of EPlan;
- Know the relevant work safety regulations and the corresponding standards and rules, e.g., VDE, EN and CE;
- Very good knowledge of English;
- High degree of flexibility, team player and self-governing;
- High willingness to travel is required (above 30% per year);
- Several years of professional experience as a technician in the field of electronics or industrial engineering will be a plus;
- Experience with project planning of SIMATIC controllers with STEP 7/TIA Portal, WinCC (including via PROFIBUS and PROFINET) as well as user-specific Software applications will be a plus.
What we have to offer:
A flexible home office and schedule policy, virtual budget to improve your home office setup, health insurance, a Pension Plan and a Siemens Share Program time and financial support to your studies, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, 2 days for volunteering initiatives and a cool and relaxed environment.
Access to e-learning platforms (Learnlight, Linkedin Learning and more), discounts with partners.
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is crucial to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to develop agile working and innovation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time