We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive and communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our global team of 293,000 colleagues and help us creating environments that care.
This position will be located primarily in Zug (Switzerland) or remote, as long as the candidate already lives in any of our SI BP operating countries, such as Czech Republic, Romania and Slovakia. Prerequisite is in any case your legal eligibility to work in the respective country and good knowledge of German language.
Our Supplier Quality department is looking for a colleague with regulatory and compliance knowledge to ensure and improve the quality of supplied material declarations within the Building Products Business Unit. You need to ensure as contact person in cross functional teams that the supplied material compliance declarations for products and components are complete and up to date during whole product life cycle.
Your new responsibilities
- Supplier support with the creation and transmission of material declarations via BOMcheck, IPC1752 or alternative declarations according to IEC 62474
- Act as declaration expert to evaluate and check of substances/declarations within our PLM system as well as BOMcheck
- Creation of declarations (related to purchased part)
- Clarification with suppliers in the event of non-conformity (of a relevant EHS directive)
- Coordination of cross-functional teams during supplier escalation by non-conformity
- Technical support during supplier discussions or negotiations due to selected declaration channel or substance commitments
- Continuous monitoring of existing declarations and substance change management
- Drive continuous improvements of internal processes to digitalize and automatize our import/export interfaces as well as the evaluation & monitoring of supplied declarations
Your skills and experience
- Successfully completed a bachelor’s degree in technical, environmental, chemical area or equivalent
- Knowledge in relevant regulations such as REACH, RoHS and other product related environmental regulations
- Knowledge of PLM & ERP Systems
- Experience in an EHS, quality or supplier quality department would be a plus
- Problem-solving and collaborative mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to utilize resources outside the quality area via direct supplier contact
- Business proficient in German and English
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Internal note: JobIQ
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Either