Siemens Digital Industries Software empowers learners to create a more innovative sustainable future. We are looking for a dynamic professional for this role to support our transformation to Software as a Service (SaaS) through our global academic program.
- The main objective of the position is to set the vision and strategy for next-generation users through our company’s academic cloud offerings.
- This role will have a critical impact to the company’s overall transition to SaaS.
- The primary responsibilities will be to develop strategy, define business model and develop the go-to-market.
- This position is an individual contributor role in the strategy organization reporting to the Senior Director of the global academic program.
- Define the vision and strategy for academic cloud offerings to engage next-generation users.
- Provide strategic counsel as trusted advisor through an understanding of cloud business models, providers and application.
- Research/audit market needs to determine requirements to define business/operation model
- Initiate and drive collaborations with internal and external stakeholders (educators, students, product segments, cloud providers) to develop scalable and cost-effective cloud solutions
- Drive academic SaaS adoption and consistent framework across product segments.
- Work closely with development teams to develop cloud/GTM strategy. Define product solution value proposition.
- Effectively execute projects from comprehensively analyzing requirements to rapidly designing and implementing solutions.
- Work closely with market intelligence and SaaS program office to develop platform, product portfolio, pricing and support strategies.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 10 years’ experience in software industry.
- Strong skills in developing and delivering new business models.
- Able to work horizontally and proactively across matrixed organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Knowledge of and with familiarity with software as a service.
- Knowledge of and with familiarity with PLM and EDA software.
- Knowledge of education technology market.
- Multiple years of product/solution management
- Creative thinker in new business models.
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted, you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.