About the role
Smart infrastructure from Siemens makes the world a more connected and caring place – where resources are valued, where impact on the world is considered, where sustainable energy is delivered optimally and efficiently. It provides the flexible infrastructure to allow society to evolve and respond to changing conditions. Technology and the ingenuity of people come together to be at one with our environments and to care for our world. We do this from the macro to the micro level, from physical products, components and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and services. Siemens offers a broad portfolio of grid control and automation; low- and medium-voltage power distribution, switching and control; and building automation, fire safety and security, HVAC control and energy solutions.
Join us! We Make Real What Matters. This Is Your Role
Siemens Electrification and Automation is looking to recruit a Team Leader who will be responsible for the Global Product development Portfolio.
Main Responsibilities include
* Managing a division/development group with up to approx. 25+ employees and project managers.
* Competence- and personnel management in order to ensure compliance in respect of due dates, quality and costs in accordance with the applicable Agile Product Development Process and the Product Management and Development Guideline.
* Maintenance of the existing product program in coordination with the product managers.
* Deadline compliance, compliance with the development/project budget, high product quality (defect-free), customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, process maturity level (CMM/CMMI)
Develop procedures for the implementation of the development department / portfolio strategy and the customer requests
- Definition of the development methodology and tools
- Planning (budget, time schedule)
- Continuous process improvement in respect of quality, innovation, time-to-market, cost position -> customer orientation.
- Participation in R&D planning (strategic budgeting, orientation and prioritization)
- Controlling methodologies (deadlines, costs, quality, innovation)
- Execute product strategy and drive action throughout the organization to get products to market
Coaching of the project managers and employees:
- Competence and personnel management with analysis, setup / change of the personnel structure
- Personnel management (agreement in respect of objective, coaching, motivation, team formation)
- Development, recognition and promotion of qualified and motivated employees
- Develop a creativity environment and free space for the development activity
- Develop environment that promotes Collaboration and team spirit within the team as well as with other functions
- Motivate employees for entrepreneurial thinking and action
- Plan for successful integration of new employees
Agreement on objectives and verification of the achievement of objectives via
- discussions with employees
- Project conclusion meeting/ PDG's
- Global Reporting
- Salary discussions
- Management discussion
Improvement and maintenance of the technological basis:
- Identification of new, potentially promising technologies for existing and new products
- Protection of patent rights / legal rights
- Definition of the technical solution for a platform or a product.
- Partner of the PLM when selecting different solutions
- Driver for harmonization of the technology in products
- Realization of the quality standard
Planning management for a cost center and derivation of measures.
- Analysis and verification of data
- Taking measures for implementation / corrective counter measures
- Leadership / participation in division-spanning teams
- Planning of a cost center (invest, operational expenses)
- Controlling during the FYs
- Defining measures for budget compliance
- Must abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies, for example Business Conduct Guidelines & Confidential Information.
We don't need superheroes, just super minds!
• We are seeking for a Full time Master / Bachelor Degree in Computer science / Electronics / Electrical engineering with minimum 15 - 20 years of experience in Distribution Automation domain knowledge.
• Experience of management of several projects (~10 Yrs)
• Product Development Experience
• Working Experience with international teams
• Knowledge of Cloud Applications in the Distribution Automation domain is an advantage
• Good standard of IT literacy. Use of tools, reports / dashboards to share activities with the management
• Good written / verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Fluency in English mandatory.
This job is based out of Goa
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in across Gender, LGBTQ+, Abilities & Ethnicity. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow
Find out more about Smart Infrastructure at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/topic-areas/smart-infrastructure.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time