• Build, maintain and govern relationship with Siemens Healthineers’ largest providers
• Organize and Chair/Co-chair monthly provider review boards
• Partner with our service owners, procurement and legal team to negotiate contracts, define service level agreements and statements of work
• Direct, manage, and oversee contracts throughout their lifecycle
• Manage provider-related escalations and disputes
• Ensure transparency of provider’s financial, contractual and service quality
• Implement standard SLA and KPI reporting for external providers
• Influence development of internal procedures and processes to ensure they scale across the entire IT organization and are followed by external providers
• Develop and implement metrics-driven operating norms that will enable you to hold external partners consistently accountable for high quality and output
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to develop your career with Healthineers
• You have extensive experience delivering IT services and/or projects, as well as in working with and managing suppliers in complex contracts for large-scale global enterprise environments.
• A minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in managing IT Services and outsourced contracts
• You have proven ability to understand and translate business requirements into technical IT specifications and contractual language with the needed curiosity to question things.
• You can read, interpret, and explain a contract, bring expertise in Service Management best practices, are ITIL (ITIL foundation) certified, and are able to apply it in practical business life.
• You have strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build good working relationships with internal and external counterparts.
• You have strong team player skills and ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with diverse individuals at all levels of an organization.
• You have proven ability to identify critical contractual information and terms and can evaluate potential risks associated with them.
• You are highly analytical and adept at managing and driving commercial performance and outcomes for a contract.
• Experience in infrastructure services, especially in the connectivity area is a plus.
• A Masters in Law /Procurement would be considered favorably
Required skills to have for the success of this role
• Relevant professional IT qualifications (ITIL intermediate) desired.
• Demonstrated understanding of IT service, key legal and commercial principles in IT contracts.
• Proactive team worker, with excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
• Solid commercial, numerical and analytical skills.
• Business (contract and negotiation) fluent in English, German a plus.