Candidate can be located anywhere near a major airport within the eastern or central timezones.
The purpose of the PTM Business Technology team in the Digital Industries (DI) Division is to automate, eliminate, and centralize tasks and activities through the creation of efficient business systems in the go-to-market with Partners. The group focuses on using innovative technologies to achieve greater business results, reduce operational expenses, and collectively save the organization time. In addition to maintaining data integrity behind the business systems, the PTM Business Technology Specialist’s work is predominately project based as they identify areas for improvement, design the desired solution, and manage the IT teams through the implementation process using the agile approach. Once the new solution has been implemented, they also lead the change management as people adapt the new system or solution.
Reporting to the Head of the Partner Management (PTM) department and the Business Technology Manager, the PTM Business Technology Specialist will have end-to-end ownership of the processes, business systems, databases, and programs that they manage and will work proactively with all involved parties to ensure excellent execution that meets or exceeds customer’s expectations. The PTM Business Technology Specialist will regularly collaborate with, but not limited to, the following groups: Channel Partners (Automation Distributors and Solution Partners), Partner Sales, Distributor Manager, Solution Partner Manager, Distributor Sales Support Team, Information Technology (IT) service providers, corporate Partner Management, and other organizations across Siemens.
The PTM Business Technology Specialist will work with, but not limited to, the following business systems: Salesforce CRM and Salesforce Partner Community Cloud (including lead sharing, opportunities, and business planning with partners), Siemens Industry Mall (for sharing product marketing data, reports, and general support), SIPEC Event Management System, extranets such as the Distributor Resource Center or Partner Portal, Learning Management Systems, Data Warehouse, Tableau Dashboards, Partner Finders, and others.
Ideal candidate is creative, innovative, works collaboratively in teams, and applies systematic thinking to design software solutions that have far reaching impact for our customers.
· Recommend and implement business process changes and system solutions based on the application of process improvement methodologies, best practices, and inputs from corporate and domestic stakeholders.
- Partner with IT to design and implement partner management related systems and solutions (including apps / mobile solutions)
· Develop and maintain Tableau reports for reviewing and managing industrial partner performance (commercial and other KPIs)
- Utilize business intelligence and business analytic solutions to provide meaningful insights for sales and business development
- Ensure consistency across partner related reporting by taking stewardship of relevant data sets such as meta-data for partner accounts, identifying key customers of our partners, Learning Management Systems, incentive and compliance programs such as the Tiered Pricing Policy and Market Builder Channel Partner, and other critical data for KPIs.
- Coordinate and execute training and change management on processes and systems
- Coordinate annual business planning and contract administration for distributors and Solution Partners
- Provide coordination support for local partner sales-related activities as requested by Channel Sales (including the SIPEC customer event managing system)
- Support implementation of the industrial distributor and Solution Partner programs and/or policies as required
- Support in the resolution of non-sales related issues
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 2+ years minimum of professional experience in database management and reporting analytics, ideally with channel management responsibility; IT experience is a strong plus.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Sharepoint, OneDrive, and functions like pivot tables and mail merge.
- Reporting and dashboards using KNIME and Tableau.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in leading / ownership of business systems and processes.
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM and sales force effectiveness metrics.
- Knowledge of core processes for sales and business development.
- Knowledge of industrial markets, products, and solutions.
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment either in person or virtually, working with direct and matrixed resources to ensure transparency and customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree required; focus on marketing preferred.
· Willingness to travel 5-10%.
The ideal candidate will be a proven team player who is results-oriented. Excellent written and verbal skills are a must. Must be a good listener and seek input from others. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, which results in teamwork, shared knowledge and ideas. Must be an initiator and have an entrepreneurial mindset. The ideal candidate must thrive on change and continuous improvement in our complex, fast-paced environment.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred experience in managing IT demands with agile development
- Previous experience within the Industrial Automation market is required; knowledge of the Infrastructure and Construction market is a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of effectively navigating highly matrixed organizations including culture and processes is critical to success of this position.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.