Do you want to learn how to effectively provide advisory services to utility operations to help ensure the success of an engineering and technology powerhouse? Here at Siemens, we have a development internship opportunity that will help foster your expertise in this industry to contribute to the advancement of our business and the customers we have the privilege to serve!
Siemens Energy Business Advisory Business Unit The Siemens PTI Business Unit, specifically Energy Business Advisory, is an experienced technology and management consultancy to the energy sector. In this role, EBA creates value for our customers - from energy generation to distribution. Drawing on our wide range of experience, methodology, technical knowledge, and tools, EBA helps organizations overcome the challenges of integrating digitalization in business strategies.
This internship supports consulting engagements in the areas of integrated resource planning, energy market analysis, energy portfolio optimization, and energy commodity risk management. You will work on assisting the development of solutions of technical issues, research, financial analysis and data visualization. Specifically, you will support EBA’s consulting engagements, business development and quality management functions for Siemens EBA. You will focus on the interpretation and analysis of power and natural gas markets data to determine trends and insights and inform strategic consultant engagements.
Roles and Responsibilities for Position:
- Acquires data from primary or secondary data sources.
- Gathers, analyzes, and evaluates relevant energy markets data, and provides comprehensive reports and supporting analyses.
- Researches, analyzes, consolidates and interprets data using statistical and econometric methods to create actionable insights on power and gas market topics.
- Create presentations, reports, statistical charts, briefings and communicates results to various internal and/or external stakeholders (e.g. management, customers).
- Maintains confidentiality of all sensitive or proprietary information.
- Work is extremely dynamic with changing priorities or differing situations encountered on a regular basis. Thinking is focused on analyzing, evaluating, prioritizing, and solving operational issues and incidents or on optimizing tools used in the analyses.
What you can expect to gain from this internship opportunity?
- Understanding of integrated resource planning concepts in the context of a low carbon regulatory requirement
- Understanding of the concepts behind energy commodity risk management, Monte Carlo Simulation based modeling and valuation tools, and financial analyses
- Get hands on experience on cutting edge methodology for decarbonization strategies, including energy capacity expansion, generation portfolio optimization, etc.
Who should apply?
- Education: Current rising junior or senior undergraduate students pursuing a BA/BS or Masters in Finance or Economics
- Majors: Finance or Economics
- Demonstrating keen interest in energy and environmental markets with a thorough understanding of financial or economic analyses with course work or prior internship experience in energy companies
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Programming skills in Matlab, and Python are preferred
- Work Authorization: Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.