Since Polarion’s inception in 2004, our mission has been to help companies advance the development, governance and maintenance of software via a unified solution for Requirements, Quality, and Application Lifecycle Management.
Polarion Software was acquired by Siemens PLM Software in January 2016, expanding their support for the growing ALM market. Working with innovative partners, we’ve expanded our mission to help customers unlock synergies across all of their development teams. Integrating Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Product Line Engineering (PLE) with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) processes allows us to bridge the gap between mechanical, hardware, electronic and software development, delivering unprecedented efficiencies.
Siemens Industry Software, a business unit of the Siemens Digital Industries Division, is a leading global provider of software, systems and services for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM). With our range of high-performance industrial software, we help manufacturing companies increase the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and bring new products to market faster.
Currently for our team in Prague we are looking for a Senior Software Developer!
Candidate should have vast knowledge in Java and cross platform web development. Should have strong leadership skills to lead developer team (3-5 people) and/or strong architectural skills to drive innovation and overall design. Good communication skills and ability to work with testers and project managers.
- Analysing deficiencies in product pro-actively and take necessary steps to insure high quality of software
- Making decisions on technology direction that company takes and leverage open source components vs. in-house development
- Architecting systems to insure high level of quality and testability
- Conducting code reviews and trainings to organization
- Leading by example on all aspects of coding and design
- Collaborating closely with management and key stakeholders
- At least 5 years of experience
- Excellent developer skills in cross platform web development with GWT (Google Web Toolkit) and HTML/JS
- Working experience in agile environment (Scrum, XP, Kanban)
- 1-3 years of experience in J2EE
- Excellent skills with RDBMS
- 5+ years of experience in Java (Java SE)
- Strong experience in unit test (TDD) with JUnit
- JVM optimization experience
- Windows/Linux knowledge
- Proficient usage of English
- Knowledge in Hibernate, Spring, Apache Hadoop
- experience in distributed computing
Why Siemens Polarion?
- Stable international company (working with people around the world)
- English speaking environment
- Be part of an Agile team
- Core product development with over 1 million end users
- Flexible working environment (flexi time, working from home)
Join our Digital World
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We have some of the smartest minds working across the world, re-imagining the future and doing extraordinary things. Join our Talent Community today and let's stay connected in areas that interest you: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs/digital-minds.html
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time