Siemens Government Technologies is seeking an individual for a position as a Security Systems Specialist II. As a Security Specialist Specialist you assist in identifying potential IT security threats and help in the remediation of those threats. Understand large-scale security infrastructure, network protocols, security defenses, proactive defense measure, mitigation techniques, and incident response.
- Identify potential IT security incidents, assemble indicators to support conclusions, and work with the IT team to remediate findings
- Assess the scan results, web applications, network configurations, and recommend remediation procedures
- Correctly document, triage, and respond timely to management during daily analysis and response duties
- Evaluate security solutions and implementations strategies for IT systems and services and maintain operational security posture of development, integration, and deployed capabilities
- Understanding complex technical issues and managing them within a fast-paced business environment
- Identifying current and emerging technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities, and threats
- Conducting proactive research to analyze security weaknesses and recommend appropriates strategies
- Provide support to end users on a variety of IT and security issues
- Perform periodic and AD-Hoc Vulnerability scans
- Employees of Siemens Government Technologies may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with the workplace safety protocols for Federal contractors and subcontractors pursuant to Executive Order 14042 or state/local laws and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of four (4) years of information security experience is required
- Minimum of four (4) years of related experience and/or training in the field of IT security monitoring and analysis, cyber threat analysis, vulnerability analysis, or similar cyber security related field
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience creating or maintaining security related documentation. Three years is highly preferred
- Preferred (1) year of experience with AWS security as it relates to Identity and Access Management (IAM) policies, IAM roles, Secured Network Architectures best practice
- Possess fundamental knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP and the functioning of its component protocols
- Working knowledge of system and network exploitation, attack methodologies and intrusion techniques; denial of service attacks, man in the middle attacks, malicious code delivery techniques, automated network vulnerability, port scanning, key loggers, social engineering, and system reconnaissance
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge of system and network administration, configuration best security practices, security controls and configuration standards as they apply to IT security
- Working knowledge of NIST standards (NIST SP 800-53, SP 800-171, FIPS 140-2, SP 800-37 and FedRAMP security requirements
- Knowledge of data security administration principles, methods, and techniques. Requires familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, single sign on, multifactor authentication, and digital signatures
- Conduct technical research when necessary to contribute to cloud security direction and strategy planning
- Develop positive partnerships and work closely with other members and stakeholders to align and execute infrastructure changes in a secure manner to support the organization’s tools, apps, and processes
- Review security controls and configuration requirements including secure network design, database access, security testing, authentication methods, implementation of encryption, privilege management, logging, input validation, secure storage design and secure data transfer
- Candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.