Siemens is looking for a Senior Commissioning and Service Engineer for Building Automation, to be hired with a permanent contract in our division Smart Infrastructure REU Operation
The specialist will collaborate with the Technical Coordinator, will be located in Padova (Italy) and will be responsible for technical direction, and assistance to Siemens customers and other Siemens field personnel in the operation, inspection, commissioning, maintenance, and repair of assigned product lines, applying understanding and experience to implement business objectives, and can affect short-term and some long-term business goals.
The commissioning and service engineer will be in charge of commissioning and maintenance at the customer site in the local market on products in the building automation portfolio, particularly comfort product and system. The candidate will handle the performance of the project objective and for the submission of accurate field reports, expense reports, worksheets and other useful documents on a daily basis providing exceptional customer service that aligns with Siemens vision and values.
Siemens creates Technology to Transform the Everyday
Siemens Smart Infrastructures offers a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer products, systems, solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation, air conditioning technology, as well as transmission and distribution of electrical power and systems for the low-voltage power grid level, smart grids.
What will you manage in the short term?
You will contribute to and deliver business processes or detailed technology solutions, in a self-managed and target oriented manner, and thus contributes to team results. Position is focusing on analyzing, developing, testing, technologies and systems in their specific field of expertise:
- Align with health, safety and environmental rules and policies applicable to each location
- Commissioning and maintenance of equipment associated with the building technologies portfolio
- Identification and fix electrical and mechanical faults of building technologies products
- Manage field commissioning/service routines without supervision
- Coordinates on site operations and delivery activities and controls the execution according to the organizational guidelines.
- Completes broad scope of technical tasks including commissioning, maintenance and evaluation of customers equipment and systems etc
- Supports customer remotely and onsite;
- Contributes to the maintenance of data repositories.
- May be involved in technical design and developments for commissioning/service offerings.
- supervising internal and external resources to accomplish all tasks and achievements. Provide performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects
- Ensure that the project follows execution standard methodologies and Siemens policies. Effectively supervises and controls project progress and efficient resource utilization
- Delivers support services by using remote connections to customer systems by web tool, phone, other communication media or site visit
- Performs assigned service and commissioning activities using innovative digital solutions and tools (developed by HQ)
- Provides operational assistance and application support
- Diagnoses, clarifies and resolves technical problems
- Clarifies events, analyses trace and diagnostic information, provides information about its findings to solve the issue and provides guidance for the next steps.
Who are we looking for?
A candidate with the following features:
- At least 3/5 years’ experience as Technical Engineer within comfort product
- Showed skill in repair troubleshooting and testing of assigned programs
- Passionate and prepared to handle issues related to technological innovation and problem solving
- Strong orientation to reach the targets and to customer service, initiative, autonomy and propensity to work in team
- Technical High School Diploma or Degree in Engineering, Automation
- Available to frequent business trips on national level, and sometimes also international
- Good knowledge of English and Italian, both written and spoken
- Ability to prioritize effectively, handle shifting priorities and troubleshoot
- Willingness to learn about new and innovative technologies
- Capacity to establish and maintain positive, cooperative, working relationships
- You have a strong familiarity with IT principles regarding networking, VPN, Firewall, Cybersecurity, Virtualization, Remote Connection
What can we further offer?
- Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the entrepreneurial spirit are recognized;
- An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous learning;
- Flexible Welfare programs that can be extended to your family;
- Health insurance that can be extended to your family;
- Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance;
- Meal totally paid by the company;
- Car, Personal Computer and Smartphone.
What else do you have to know?
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer, offering a safe and inclusive work environment, based on mutual respect and the appreciation of diversity, offering equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates to realize their full potential.
We believe strongly in both taking ownership and being transparent with your data. For the new GDPR we manage only online applications, and we don’t accept CVs by mail.
Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV). Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered.
Are you ready to create a real impact?
Come on board and tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow together with us!
The world is constantly changing, and we’re always thinking about what’s next. You can help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow. Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
For further information or questions, you can contact: Siemens Spa, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Via Vipiteno, n.4 Milan (Italy).
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time