We are seeking a Consulting Manager who will be responsible for leading the development and execution of energy commodity risk programs and providing thought leadership for supply portfolio management strategies. A secondary role may be to contribute and/or lead new order intake and business development, primarily for regulated utilities, unregulated subsidiaries of global energy utilities, regulatory agencies and global financial institutions. The Consulting Manager will also be tasked with delivering and managing on-going engagements.
• Analyze individual client energy portfolios to determine market exposure, price sensitivity and financial risks.
• Develop and recommend effective hedging protocols and risk strategies for clients.
• Assess trading, risk management, and back office processes and functions compared to industry best practices and recommend improvements.
• Maintain and analyze risk reports pertaining to trading activities.
• Participate in analysis and reconciliation of portfolio positions and risk metrics to the clients.
• Ensure the market and credit risk on all energy transactions, short term as well as long-term, is captured appropriately.
• Monitor trading activities and exposures to ensure they are within approved policies and limits.
• Prepare and run Monte Carlo Simulation based stochastic market simulations
• Bring a best practice perspective to clients’ transaction and asset valuations, due diligence and negotiation support.
• Contribute to the growth strategy for the consulting practice which includes energy portfolio optimization, energy trading and risk management, power, fuel and environmental markets forecasting, and potential fundamental and regulatory changes to these markets. The responsibilities will include contributing to the evolution of offerings to keep them best in class as well as the development and introduction of new consulting products.
• Develop staffing plans for short, mid and long term market analysis, strategic and transaction related projects.
• Mentor and train staff members to assist with energy risk management focused engagements.
• Create project staffing plans, budgets and margin expectations, and manage engagements within these parameters.
• Ensure that staffing resources are deployed appropriately.
• Ensure that quality control systems and practices are implemented.
• Manage project teams of senior consultants, consultants, analysts and sub-contractors.
• Contribute to the business development and sales process, including identification and pursuit of new leads from both new and existing clients.
• Exercise thought leadership to guide the research and development of emerging issues and solutions impacting financial returns for client energy investments. Publish thought leadership pieces.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years of risk management experience in energy commodity markets (power, fuels, and environmental attributes)
• Minimum of 5 years of consulting experience in the power/energy industry.
• In-depth knowledge of US power and natural gas market fundamentals, strong quantitative skills, and financial modeling.
• Ability to provide strong technical leadership / oversight for a wide range of economic and statistical analyses in the energy risk management subject area.
• Track record of successful project management for energy/power industry clients.
• Detailed knowledge of electric power, natural gas, environmental markets, generation, transmission, distribution and energy demand.
• Strong client facing, consulting skills, including excellent written, oral, analytical, and presentation skills required.
• Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork, expresses ideas in a clear and concise manner, both in written and oral communications.
• Identifies issues and problems, secures relevant information, considers alternative courses of action and makes good business decisions.
• Sees change in the business or work environment, understands implications and adjusts priorities as needed on short notice.
• This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Desirable Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering or other Applicable Technical Discipline a plus.
• Masters or PhD in Economics, Finance or other Applicable Technical Discipline a plus.
• Experience with Matlab, Python and/or statistical applications a plus
• Experience with applied statistics a plus.
• Proficient computer skills—especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Has the ability and willingness to travel
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.