At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
The Siemens Advanta business has an exciting new opportunity for individuals with a passion for driving customer growth and digitalization. Joining this highly dynamic team, you will lead efforts to drive the future of Siemens in the digitalization market.
The Solution Business Developer will be responsible for being a highly effective member of the Commercial Industries business development organization working directly with end users, Siemens sales teams and business units, and Advanta partners to develop and drive the mutual success of customers across the United States.
Additional Position Details:
- Siemens Advanta Solutions organization is looking for leaders in industrial IoT with a strong hands-on experience in industrial market verticals like Automotive, Food & Beverage and Machine Builders.
- Looking for industry experts who have worked and/or consulted in one or multiple areas such as Manufacturing, Discrete Automation, Connected Machines, Operations, Maintenance, Quality, Supply Chain, Logistics etc. Strong expertise is needed in operating processes around manufacturing, machine automation and supply chain areas.
- Demonstrate successful track record developing new business, executing detailed business development plans, selling impactful simple to complex solutions into strategic industrial accounts.
- Should understand landscape of major processes, tools, applications and solutions used by major industrial companies.
- Should be forward looking able to provide guidance and expertise in the innovative IIoT and Industry 4.0.
Key responsibility for this role will be to develop and drive customer growth in the industrial verticals across the Advanta offerings with a laser focus on offering development and delivery excellence. Additional objectives of the position will be to work directly end users, collaborate with Siemens sales teams and business units, and leverage Advanta partners to develop and drive the mutual success customers.
- Working for Advanta Solution Partner, you will be responsible for client sales targets, shaping the client projects and contribute to creating the industrial solution offerings.
- You proactively analyze industry vertical needs, market, competitive and financial data to derive actionable insights to be able to offer strategic solutions-based offering to customers.
- You will be responsible for creating industry centric solution architype, business cases, business centric KPIs, solution architecture, etc.
- You build and finalize customer proposals as well as lead negotiations until project signing.
- You are an essential contributing member of the industrial solutions team, responsible for defining the approach/solution that can solve client challenges. Be the guide on the best suited process changes and applications to client’s current environment based on industry trends and Siemens Digital and IoT and Industrial expertise.
- You need to understand business reporting, KPI and analytics used in production lines and logistics.
- You are overseeing project delivery of technology teams and supporting IoT and Digital project at clients.
- You leverage and align with other departments within Siemens Advanta to deliver high quality winning IoT offerings to customers.
- You collaborate closely with all Siemens businesses to leverage customer intimacy, portfolio and domain know-how for a strong IoT solutions offering.
Additional Responsibilities Details:
- Provide excellent speaking and presentation skills to present Siemens Advanta.
- Develop a monthly report covering the vertical market overview, sales opportunities, marketing information, competitive information, etc.
- Manage bookings forecast, quotes, opportunity pipeline in Siemens CRM system.
- Understand Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) solutions.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in Consulting or 7+ years of Industry experience focusing on Manufacturing, Discrete Automation, Connected Machines, Operations, Maintenance, Quality, Supply Chain, Logistics etc.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing detailed business development plans and or selling complex solutions into strategic accounts.
- Consultative Sales and customer facing solution design experience, with measurable results in business development management and closing deals
- Deep experience with the Application usage and solution footprint in an Industrial enterprise
- Oversight and governance experience leading large strategic projects from ideation to delivery.
- Experienced in an Agile environment - preferably Scrum and have utilized consultative offshore delivery.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies quickly with broad familiarity with a variety of technologies and expertise in IIoT and industrial manufacturing.
- Excellent public speaking skills complemented by exceptional written and oral skills, along with strong organizational abilities.
- Must have easy access to a major airport.
- Flexibility in work schedules, including ability to travel to client sites up to 60% travel.
- Have collaborated and worked closely with multidisciplinary and international teams to create a winning solution.
- MBA preferred but a minimum of bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Management or similar required.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and boardroom polish, able to guide our clients through their transformation journey.
This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.