Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
The design engineer will be responsible for mechanical design, development and analysis of large power transformers and shunt reactors of global sites within Siemens power transformer network. This will require the use of proper engineering principles and application of transformer design rules.
Perform mechanical design, development and analysis of the tank and externals of transformers and shunt reactors and its sub-assemblies and components.
Use 2D and 3D software to model designs and individual parts to support the generation of engineering drawings and bills of material.
Collaborate on R&D projects for further product improvements
Effectively communicate among engineering departments of multiple global sites
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, mechanical engineering preferred, other engineering degrees will be considered with applicable experience in mechanical design.
- 10-14 years working experience as a design engineer (or related roles)
- Advanced user of 3D CAD software (eg. CREO/PROe/Inventor/UG), PDM Link/Teamcentre, 2D CAD (eg. AUTOCAD),
- Knowledge of calculations and designing transformer tank, stiffeners, cover and external components like coolers, conservator, pipe work, turrets, external cabling etc.
- Experience of preparation of customer documentation like General arrangement, foundation, valve plate etc.
- Knowledge of sizing/selecting of accessories like MOG, fan, pumps, terminals, cable routing, breather, valves, bellows etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English is necessary.
- Self-motivated to produce high quality results within the time allocated, with limited supervision
- Experience with SAP
- Strong understanding of working in Global engineering center or equivalent
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Mumbai, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time