Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
The engineer will be working at Transformer Competence Centre at Siemens Transformers, Mumbai, India. Shall be supporting engineering departments of global Siemens Power Transformer factories for designing windings and winding assembly for medium and large power transformers and reactors.
- Understand the electrical design output and prepare winding and winding assembly manufacturing drawings and Bills of Material for ordering of components
- Support the winding assembly block manufacturing processes, quality inspections, failure analysis, concessions on tolerances, advising alternatives and responding queries from suppliers
- Collaborate with global electrical and winding designers on daily basis for on time completion of the deliverables for customer projects
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- B.E. or B. Tech in Mechanical or electrical engineering
- 6-10 years working experience as an electrical or winding design engineer
- Knowledge of designing helical, layer, multi-start, disc winding with inter shielding and interleaving etc. for Low voltage, High voltage and regulating systems of medium and large power transformers. Knowledge of different types of winding copper conductors like paper covered copper strips and CTC.
- Experience of designing winding assembly and knowledge of insulation parts like spacers, barriers, oil-guides, top and bottom end molded pressboard insulation parts like angle rings, angle caps, snouts etc.
- Knowledge on special processes related to winding and WAB like conductor bending, joint formation, enamel removal, moisture removal in ovens, winding block pressing/sizing, height adjustment, gluing, shield ring design etc.
- Proficient in 2D CAD tools like AutoCAD.
- Basic knowledge of dielectrics, axial & radial short circuit forces and oil flow mechanism within the winding.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD is an added advantage.
- Experience of electrostatic field calculation is added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English is necessary.
- Self-motivated to produce high quality results within the time allocated, with limited supervision
- Experience with SAP
- Strong understanding of working in Global engineering center or equivalent
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Mumbai, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time