Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
The engineer will be working at Transformer Competence Centre at Siemens Transformers, Mumbai, India. Shall be supporting engineering departments of global Siemens Power Transformer factories for designing core and clamping (active part) assembly for medium and large power transformers and reactors.
- Understand the electrical design output and prepare core and clamping assembly 3D models, manufacturing drawings and Bills of Material for ordering of components
- Support the core and clamping manufacturing processes, quality inspections, failure analysis, concessions on tolerances, advising alternatives and responding queries from suppliers
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- B.E. or B. Tech in Mechanical or electrical engineering
- 8-14 years working experience as an active part or core clamping design engineer
- Knowledge of designing bolted and bandaged core and clamping frame (with and without OD cooling) of medium and large power transformers with and without return limbs.
- Knowledge of different types of core grades, steel materials, insulating materials like pressboard, laminated wood etc.
- Experience on additional tasks related to active part or core clamping like core bandaging, additional welding details, tap changer bracket design, core earthing design, electrostatic and electromagnetic shielding etc.
- Advanced user of 3D CAD software (eg. CREO/PROe/Inventor/UG), PDM Link/Teamcentre, 2D CAD (eg. AUTOCAD).
- Advanced knowledge of mechanics, short circuit forces calculation and structural design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English is necessary.
- Self-motivated to produce high quality results within the time allocated, with limited supervision
- Experience with SAP
- Strong understanding of working in Global engineering center or equivalent
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time