Siemens NX software is a flexible and powerful integrated solution that helps our customers deliver better products faster and more efficiently. NX delivers the next generation of design, simulation, and manufacturing solutions that enable companies to realize the value of the digital twin. It is part of the Product Engineering division within the Siemens Digital Industries organization.
Siemens Product Engineering is seeking a software developer for the NX Architecture team in Pune. The candidate will work on the core NX platform, helping sustain its best-in-class capabilities by integrating emerging technologies and developing innovative solutions to business problems.
The PNX Architecture team is responsible for the foundational areas of NX including core data models, Artificial intelligence, Cloud, change propagation and dependency processing, memory management, and maintaining modular interfaces. The role requires good interpersonal skills for working with product owners, project leads, architects, and dependent application developers around the globe.
- Design, develop, implement, maintain, and extend functionality for the Siemens NX product
- Architect and develop the distributed services and frameworks to support SaaS applications of a world-leading mechanical CAD product
- Support and provide consultation to developers in application teams
- Work with architects, product owners, product managers, and application engineers to define deliverables, estimate effort, and ensure on-time delivery
- Take ownership of existing functionality to fix customer/internally reported problems and improve the quality of the product
- Develop an understanding of users and user workflows over time to provide input to the NX planning process
- Deliver quality practice in coding, TDD, documentation, test automation, and deployment.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other numerate disciplines from a reputed institute
- 2-6 years of work experience as a software developer
- Full-stack development experience with building highly scalable distributed systems, Knowledge of Microservice architecture,
- Programming experience in C++, along with a very good understanding of OO principles, data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- Have a good understanding of modern, cloud-centric architectures and DevOps principles
- A high degree of Problem-solving, debugging ability
- Excellent oral/written communication and listening skills, necessary to present information, analysis, and recommendations to all levels of employees and customers.
- A high degree of organization to manage and maintain project plans and roadmaps, providing accurate updates as part of their view cycle.
- Ability to quickly learn and leverage different technologies when needed
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with investigating and optimizing systems for performance and scale
- Experience in working with AI technologies ML, NLP, Deep Learning
- Familiarity with compilers, multithreading,
- Experience with developing for enterprise software products
- Experience with one or more SDLC methodologies such as scaled agile, iterative and incremental, or similar
- Experience with continuous integration platforms
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time