Traffic Signal Engineer
Yunex Traffic is the market leading road technology business in the UK. Founded and matured under the Siemens technical umbrella, armed with market-leading expertise and many years of experience in infrastructure projects, we are now an independent, market-leading and agile mobility innovator. We have a clear purpose to improve society through a safer, more environmentally friendly and faster road network that helps drive the UK economy. Our customers know us for quality, reliability and innovation and trust us as a long-term partner.
We have earned a respected reputation in the industry which has developed because of our success in delivering to our customers. At Yunex Traffic we offer a wide range of products, systems and services to enhance and improve the world’s traffic and travel issues. From the world’s first deployment of a Clean Air Zone to innovative traffic signal control through our ground-breaking FUSION software and the design, installation and maintenance of Electric Vehicle Infrastructure, Yunex Traffic has been at the forefront of technology for decades. We continue to innovate and grow, so this is a great time to join the business in the development of a new, exciting technology.
Our Consultancy Services team deliver a wide range of traffic engineering and consultancy projects across the UK and internationally. We are dedicated to providing a professional approach to diverse transport engineering problems and work with our customers to provide a high quality and reliable service delivering sustainable and innovative solutions.
Purpose of the role
This is a dynamic, customer facing role where you will take full responsibility for the delivery of a wide range of traffic engineering projects including design (traffic signals, traffic engineering, enforcement, and electric vehicle infrastructure), traffic modelling and report writing. You will be responsible for these projects throughout the full project life cycle. This is from the early stages of bids and tenders, to customer requirements capture, technical delivery, financial project management, to on-going customer support.
This role will require close working with other parts of the Consultancy Services team and the wider business, proving technical traffic engineering experience across a range of disciplines. This is a technical role but also requires liaison one to one with our customer base on a daily basis.
Areas of responsibility and tasks
· Deliver traffic engineering projects in accordance with ergonomic, economic and sustainable principles
· Assessment and mitigation of risks associated with traffic engineering projects
· Travel to site visits and customer meetings with overnight stays where appropriate
· Preparation of technical reports and specifications
· Preparation of consultancy/design quotations
Knowledge & Skills
The key competencies and capabilities for this role are:
· High level of communication skills, both verbal and written
· Ability to solve complex problems
· Ability to achieve objectives with strict deadlines and manage your own workload
To have a technical understanding of the following traffic engineering competencies:
· In-depth knowledge of Traffic signal design fundamentals and UK standards/specifications
· Experienced in the use of traffic engineering software including AutoCAD, preferably with KeySignals, and modelling software such as LinSig or Transyt
· Knowledge of traffic signal products from across the industry
· Knowledge and practical use of common industry systems such as UTC or UTMC
· Knowledge and practical use of adaptive control strategies such as SCOOT or MOVA
· Experience undertaking Factory and Site Acceptance Testing
· HNC/HND/Degree level in engineering or a related subject is preferred or have relevant experience
· 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
· Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
· Annual, business performance related, bonus
· Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
· Flexible working policy
· Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
Yunex Traffic operates in 24 countries around the world with over 3,100 employees from 58 nations. We are working in more than 110 cities, permanently improving infrastructure environmentally-friendliness and making it more efficient using the latest digital technology, such as artificial intelligence. In doing so, we act as a consistently customer-focused powerhouse, cultivating entrepreneurial and global thinking at all levels.
What else do you need to know?
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time