At Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI), we connect energy systems, buildings and industries in an intelligent way to significantly improve efficiency and sustainability. Our global teams in the Distribution Systems (DS) business unit ensure reliable power distribution networks today while investing in the Future Grids portfolio. With our expertise, we offer integrated solutions: From early consulting, engineering and project management to installation and commissioning.
As Software Developer you will be part of a highly dynamic, modern and distributed development team contributing and driving forward the development of the new "High Power Charging Platform" from Siemens. We are looking for a new team member in the software development department as part of our High-Power Charger product development center located in Leipzig.
- In your new position you will be responsible for the integration of hardware-related software components, the implementation of protocol specifications such as OCPP as well as adjustments of UI components
- You coach your colleagues from the development teams on the implementation of functionalities to improve code quality, integration testing and successful deployment strategies.
- You will support our development and test teams as well as grow your ecosystem knowledge of the eMobility space
- The basis for your success is a successfully completed master's degree in computer science, electrical engineering or automation technology
- You are familiar with general web protocols like HTTP(S) and also modern IoT protocols such as MQTT or WebSockets for interface development
- You operate confidently in a Linux and Docker environment
- You have excellent knowledge in software craftmanship (continuous integration/delivery, design patterns, integrated testing)
- Having experience with field protocols like Modbus, CAN is a plus
- Good English and German language skills complete your profile
- 2 to 3 days of mobile working per week as a future global standard
- Attractive remuneration package
- Share matching programs to become a shareholder of Siemens AG
- Development opportunities for both personal and professional growth
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time