Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position requires the coordination and delivery of multiple, simultaneous fire and life safety projects of various complexities. The Sr. Project Manager has fiscal responsibility for all project facets, including project billing, job cost reporting, and overall customer satisfaction.
• Conduct monthly financial forecast; revenue, margin, pipe/slip, man-power, material, subcontractor progress and billing progression.
• Review construction documents, project specifications, drawings and collaborate with Engineer, Architects, General contractors/Owners to ensure the design of Fire system meet specific requirements and recommend improvements to procedure as needed.
• Compile submittals and submit to appropriate AHJ to obtain permits and licenses in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are met.
• Determine needed resources, (Manpower, Equipment, Materials, etc.) from start to finish to ensure that all budget requirements are accomplished.
• Identify changes in projects that impact cost, schedule, or labor requirements.
• Develop and maintain a project schedule and coordinate needs with the project team. Identify time-sensitive installation needs.
• Manage the requisition of supplies and materials to complete projects.
• Review plans and specifications and participate in project cost reviews.
• Assist Operations Manager in the solicitation and contracting of subcontractors.
• Conduct an orientation for project technicians and provide all necessary project documentation, including scope of work, drawings, applicable specifications, application-engineered drawings, project contacts, etc.
• Track resources and project progress.
• Document project events that impact the schedule, scope of work, and project efficiency.
• Pursue project-specific change order opportunities.
• Coordinate and pursue project-specific billing; coordinate with Accounting team and Operations Manager.
• Schedule project-specific commissioning resources and provide commissioning documentation.
• Expedite the return of project-specific mark-ups for as-built development.
• Complete project-specific close-out documentation.
• Effectively manage and coordinate subcontractors to meet scope, scheduling, and financial requirements.
• Adhere to local, corporate, and OSHA safety policies and procedures; report unsafe conditions and actions.
• Minimum Associate degree; Bachelor of Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree preferred, or equivalent experience
• Technical experience in the commercial/construction fire and life safety industry; 8+ years preferred
• Knowledgeable in local and national (NFPA) fire alarm codes and regulations
• Knowledge and understanding of industry applications; ability to read and understand drawings and specifications, and electrical, network, and control wiring diagrams
• Knowledge of industry-standard communication protocols such as Ethernet, Modbus, and BACnet
• Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Blue Beam, Adobe, etc.
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English
• Excellent Communication, Organization and Time Management skills
• A team player with superior leadership skills
• Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
• Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
• Competitive salary based on qualifications
• Health, dental, and vision plans with options
• Matching 401(k)
• Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
• Paid parental leave
• Company cell phone and laptop
• Extensive product training and professional career development
• Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
• Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.