Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Biochemist 1.
Siemens Healthineers is a global leader in Healthcare Diagnostics. We are committed to sustainably manufacturing high-quality products for everyone, everywhere. The Control Systems Sustainability group is seeking a Biochemist 1 to join our vibrant team as we pursue Control System Improvements to ensure the long-term integrity and quality of our immunoassay products.
The successful applicant will join a dynamic team within the R&D organization at our Walpole Manufacturing site. They will be responsible for evaluating and implementing improvements to the quality control systems of immunoassay products within our ADVIA Centaur and Atellica portfolio.
The successful applicant will work cross-functionally with teams across the R&D, Quality Control, Technical Operations, Manufacturing and Regulatory Affairs organizations. They, with guidance from experienced colleagues, will be responsible for the design and execution of experiments, interpretation of data, and generation of internal reports and documentation. This person will work with serum and other biological fluids of human and animal origin.
This position includes the handling of all types of materials, including hazardous and DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) controlled materials.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Biochemist 1, you will be responsible for:
- Identifying and evaluating manufacturing process improvement opportunities for a variety of immunoassay products
- Conducting experiments relating to the development, optimization, or improvement of In-House quality control materials
- Creating and revising quality control testing and manufacturing procedures
- Working in the laboratory running Atellica, ADVIA Centaur and Centaur CP instrumentation with serum and other biological fluids of human and animal origin.
- Supporting the development of compliant documentation associated with investigations, data analyses, and experimental conclusions
- Seeking advice when needed from more experienced colleagues for more complicated technical and design challenges
- Participating in the design of experiments to troubleshoot manufacturing issues
- Prioritizing work across multiple projects, assisting colleagues in related project activities as needs arise
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BS in Medical Technology, Immunology, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry or related field
- 2+ years relevant work experience; have relevant academic and/or industrial experience with immunoassay technology
- Experience with running/designing/troubleshooting immunoassays.
- Experience with automated immunoassay analyzers and/or ELISA and chemiluminescent technology
- Strong work ethic, excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to quickly change priorities to meet business needs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Exceptional time management and communications skills with a strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to contribute to assay manufacturing improvement projects.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date except where prohibited by state law.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Healthineers
- Be part of exciting and innovative projects that help solve some of the world’s most significant health problems.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education and technology, and sustainability, making a positive impact on communities.
- Participate in our celebrations and social events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
We are globally recognized as an Employer of Choice, but don’t just take our word for it. Here are some of our most recent awards and recognition:
- Great Place to Work Certified 2021
- Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality
- Best for Vets Employers by Military Times
- Glassdoor Employer Rating: 4.0
Review our Benefits Summary:
Explore the Siemens Benefits QuickStart https://benefitsatshs.com/ website to learn about our competitive Benefits plans which we proudly offer to our regular full-time employees. The QuickStart website can be accessed by clicking the link above or by copying and pasting it into your web browser’s address bar and selecting “Thinking of Joining Siemens” to the left of the page.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specifics before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.