Manufacturing Engineer – 2 Year Contract
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Manufacturing Engineer Role is based at our manufacturing site in Swords, Co Dublin, Ireland.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Manufacturing Engineer you will:
- Deliver technical support to the manufacturing and testing of medical device instrumentation in a low volume, high complexity and regulated environment.
- Deliver technical solutions to enchance product reliability and process capability.
- Work within a dynamic engineering change environment; actively supporting New Product Introductions, test fixtures and engineering design change activities to ensure optimisation in terms of part design, manufacturing technology, verification and validation activities, implementation to production.
- Work with R&D, manufacturing operations, quality & procurement to deliver product and supply base improvements to meet business needs.
- Initiate and project manage product and process change activities, technology transfers while assuring continuity of supply.
This position may suit you best if would like to do develop your career with Healthineers and the description below sounds like you!
- Overall ability to combine technical, design and manufacturing skillsets in a high pace, dynmic environment.
- Problem solving, planning, analytical skills. Ability to collate and analyze large amounts of data for decision making.
- Understanding of various supplier manufacturing technologies; such as metal fabrication, metal machining and castings, plastic molding, PCBA, cables, optics and fluidics.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to initiate and lead product optimization projects on a cross-functional and cross-site basis
- Interest in data visualisation and analytics.
- Excellent oral communications, report writing skills and presentation skills
- Self-directing, goal oriented and able to prioritize workload in an Agile environment
- Team player who can build strong and influential relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners.
Requirements to succeed in this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (QQI level 8) with minimum of 3 - 5 years experience in medical devices or other relevant experience. Consideration will also be given to individuals with alternative degrees if balanced by relevant technical experience.
- Structured analysis skills with experience in complex technical trouble shooting.
- Strong manufacturing, mechanical/ electro mechanical / systems design skillset for both products and manufacturing fixtures.
- Excellent communications skills; written and verbal skills are required.
- Practical experience of supplier or manufacturing fabrication processes is desirable.
- Strong interest to develop experience in terms of suppliers, materials, technologies, and manufacturing processes
- Understanding of best practices in ESI, FMEA, Lean MFG, DOE and Engineering Change management
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time