Interested in improving your C++ skills while growing into a role on a thriving software product team? Help Siemens iterate on our world-class NX product! As a Software Engineer in Product Engineering Software (PES), you will dive into developing our best-in-class product, NX, a market-leading CAD software product. You may work on business critical projects in quality assurance, business analytics, prototypes for new releases, automated tests, test results analysis, etc. You will have the opportunity to partner with senior engineers and push the limits on our project teams. Projects will focus on two main subject areas:
- Cloud Web Development
- Building and supporting web-based applications, services, and systems
- Develop cloud platform services with a microservice-based architecture to be consumed in multiple applications within the PES organization
- Follow Agile Software Development methodology
- Adhere to standard methodologies in coding, documentation, test automation, and deployment
- Build quality softwarin continuous integration and continuous delivery (CICD) environment
- NX development
- Use the Siemens CAD software, NX, for development work
- Experience with C++ and OO programming
- Assist in maintaining our existing software product by analyzing and defining solutions to reported problems
- Work with customers to understand and improve our NX CAD software
- Ensure ongoing quality of our software product for our customers
Prerequisites and Essential Functions:
- Bachelor’s degree, or a Master’s degree, in Computer Science
- Strong grasp of object oriented programming languages
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling Software is a plus
- Cloud or Amazon Web Service (AWS) experience is beneficial
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Passionate, driven, and proactive
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective organizational and time leadership skills
- Desire to continuously improve and learn about new areas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Encourages Teamwork
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted, you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.