Demand Planning Professional (Operational Buyer)
Job location: Aurangabad, India
Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
- Ensure timely placement of purchase orders on approved vendors as per defined SOB.
- Ensure timely availability of components from vendors with regular follow up to meet the manufacturing plan.
- Proactively identify risk in arranging materials & work on mitigation strategy.
- Re-evaluate Existing vendors/Develop alternate vendors to continuously improve delivery and quality reliability along with cost competitiveness.
- To monitor and control the inward movement of materials & maintain the optimum inventory levels.
- Drive cost reduction measures to maintain market competitiveness.
- Identify gaps in existing process & strive for improvement
- Form cross functional teams for improvement planning & monitoring.
- Preparing commodity strategy for capacity & cost sustenance.
- Preparation of MIS & monitoring business KPIs.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
A passionate mechanical engineer with bachelor’s degree & 8-10 years’ experience in SCM Procurement / Logistics.
- experience in SCM Procurement / Logistics
- Sound Knowledge of MS office (Advance knowledge of MS EXCEL)
- Working knowledge of SAP (MM)
- Experience in understanding and managing complex suppliers.
- Knowledge of supplier market & supplier management
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes of steel fabrication, Aluminum castings & surface treatment processes
- Knowledge of costing of Fabrication & Aluminum castings.
- Understanding of technical drawings & requirements.
- Proactive mindset and approach to serve colleagues, internal and external customers
- Mindset of learning & growth and always think win-win
- Intercultural sensitivity and ability to work in a multi-cultural team
- Time management and Prioritization Skills
- Understanding of techno-commercial aspects
- Supplier market knowledge
- Team player
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time