At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We at Siemens EDA develop advanced software tools that are used in the design, verification, and testing of extremely large and complex integrated circuits. Consequently, we are looking for a highly motivated and capable engineer to join the R&D team developing Design-for-Test (DFT) tools as part of the industry-leading Tessent product line. The focus will be on developing new features for logic test of ICs within the TestKompress and Streaming Scan Network products.
The candidate will contribute to the product development in two general areas:
- Developing test hardware to be inserted into the ICs under test. The test hardware will be modeled at the RTL and written in Verilog.
- Developing flow integration and test pattern generation software in C++ (mostly) and Tcl.
Development will be done on a Linux platform. Developing those features includes design, writing specifications, planning, implementation, and thorough testing. High productivity, fast learning, solid problem-solving skills, and the ability to implement high-quality and maintainable software are key. Equally crucial for success are strong teamwork and communication skills, self-drive, and a positive can-do attitude.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer/Electrical Engineering, or other related field.
- Demonstrated interest and experience in software development, preferably C++.
- Understanding of software architecture best practices and object-oriented programming.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- At least basic knowledge of digital logic design.
- Attention to details and high-quality work.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Hardware description languages: Verilog, SystemVerilog, VHDL.
- Experience with software development on Linux, and development tools such as Git.
- Background in DFT is a strong plus.
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted, you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.