Siemens Large Drives Business Unit is looking for a Customer Services Manager to play a key role in our New Kensington location. In this role you will have P&L responsibility, lead strategic direction and day-to-day operations of the field service team, technical support team and service project management team. In this role you will have a flexible/remote work schedulePosition Overview
This position is part of the Customer Services Segment of the Large Drives Applications Division of Siemens, reporting to the Head of Service Delivery.
Responsibilities as Customer Services Manager for Large Drives includes service delivery for commissioning, repair, retrofits and maintenance contracts for Siemens medium voltage drives. Maintain accurate forecasts and WIP details within SAP and project management systems. Meet and exceed customer expectations, company financial and operational targets and employee engagement / satisfaction. Critical organizational interfaces include Manufacturing Plant in New Kensington, PA and HQ, Sales/Marketing, Procurement, Finance, Product Management, Research & Development, Order Entry, Logistics, EHS and Human Resources. Provide vision and leadership in digitally redefining the service delivery for Large Drives.
The preferred candidate for this role will possess a minimum of 5 years of manufacturing or service operations experience. Additionally, he/she will have a successful track record of developing employees and crafting bench strength for an organization. Experience working for a matrixed, international organization is also critical.Responsibilities and Specific Requirements:
- Lead Zero Harm Safety Culture and metrics
- Work closely with the business segment and headquarters to implement global service strategies to increase sales volume, deliver financial targets and improve customer experience.
- Lead the digital transformation of the service team enhancing new technologies and processes.
- Collaborate with Sales to deliver growth targets, participate in sales efforts with key customers.
- Managing costs expectations of the team with improvements in processes to improve its cost position
- Reduce cycle times and number of Non-Conformance Failures
- Ensuring diversity, inclusion and involvement
- Ensuring excellent customer satisfaction by providing products & services timely and with the highest quality
- Assessing the strength and opportunities of the day-to-day operations and being able to develop appropriate strategies to transform into World Class Operations
- Having a continuous improvement approach
- Having results & quality orientation, along with being a champion for change management
- Developing & mentoring the Operations Management/Leadership team to take on new and greater challenges in Operations
- Experience with six sigma or LEAN methodologies is a plus
Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. HS Diploma and relevant work experience is required.Knowledge and Experience:
- About 10-%15% travel required, visiting customers, suppliers or partners.
- SAP, Excel, Power Point, Word
- Demonstrates sophisticated understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
- Typically 10+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Experience in electric machines or rotating equipment is helpful.
Multiple functions, worldwide inter-organizational, and external contacts.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.