Education and Talent Work-Integrated Learning Program (5-month term starting in May 2022)
Siemens Canada is looking to bring highly qualified and enthusiastic personnel on board through the five-month Siemens Certified Education and Talent Academy (SCETA) term. This unique opportunity lets you experience the German Work Integrated Learning (WIL) program in Canada. This German WIL approach is respected globally for bringing highly effective employees into Siemens and is at the heart of German industrial strength.
This SCETA WIL term is designed to accelerate your skills so you will have an immediate professional impact. You will be immersed in both specific training events and practical experience with multiple Siemens business units. As part of Siemens Canada, you will contribute to projects that address the most critical challenges of our human history, including climate change.
The objective of this new SCETA term is to have you join a Siemens industry at the end of the five-month term should everything align, opening the door to all Siemens Canada. Furthermore, once established, the global career network of Siemens (present in 190 countries) is available to you. During this five-month term, you will also be paid a monthly stipend while you are trained.
Some of the available roles:
- Service and construction field technician (hands-on field work)
- Installation specialist (hands-on field work)
- Project management (planning, coordinating, and finance)
- Project design and quotation (collaborating with consulting firms)
- Customer support technician (addressing direct customer issues)
This SCETA program is directed at college trades programs, including:
- Smart Building
- Security System
- Fire Protection System
- Engineering technologies
- Electrical/Electronics technologies
- Instrumentation technologies
- Duration: May 1/22 to Sept 30/22
- One-month SCETA on-line orientation in May. Learn about all things Siemens and business acumen training.
- Four months with an industry unit for training and practical experience, either online or onsite (role dependent)
- Travel flexibility is needed
- You need to have completed classes by April/22 and be available to work the summer
- Summer co-ops are accepted but not required (graduate either April/22 or September/22)
- 3.0 overall GPA
- Eligible for permanent work in Canada at time of application
- Willing to relocate
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.