Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
The promise of a digital future…today. With the digital twin, Siemens Digital Industries Software blurs the boundaries between the virtual and physical, hardware and software, design and manufacturing worlds. For more information about us visit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mVLaUyO4UWhat you’ll be doing
Siemens Digital Industries Software is seeking a sophisticated software engineer to contribute to the development of Simcenter STAR-CCM+. Simcenter STAR-CCM+ is a highly scalable, general purpose, multi-physics application that provides an end-to-end user experience with integrated CAD, meshing, physics modeling and in situ post processing tools.
This opening is part of the Technology Stack team, responsible for the development of our web-based applications. It is an exciting opportunity to help our users interact with high fidelity simulations running remotely using web-based clients.
The position reports to the Technology Stack program manager as part of the Web Framework division of the Simcenter STAR-CCM+ Platform department.
Learn more about how our customers use Simcenter STAR-CCM+ to change the world here: https://youtu.be/XkHB2MEz320Responsibilities
- Contribute code as part of a larger team of Software Engineers
- Collaborate closely as part of a large, distributed team of developers, testers, and managers
- Participate in regularly scheduled team conference calls to contribute ideas to drive innovation in our technology, and to communicate project status
- Use systems for managing development including Jira, Confluence, Git, and BitBucket/GitLab
- Participate in peer-based code and design reviews
- Contribute to the architecture and design of applications in the cloud and on-premise
- Mentor team members on existing and emerging web technologies
- Participate in root cause analysis
- 3+ years of professional development experience in React
- Master’s Degree or commensurate experience in computer science or related field
- Proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications
- Experience with multi-team, collaborative software development including source control and collaborative design and code reviews
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and to present data concisely
- Ability to balance multiple tasks with minimal guidance
- Experience with serverless architectures
- Cloud Experience
- OAuth Authentication
- Familiarity with both Linux & Windows
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We have some of the most inquisitive minds working across the world, re-imagining the future and doing outstanding things. Join our Talent Community today and let's stay connected in areas that interest you: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs/digital-minds.htmlSiemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time