Are you an accounting specialist with a passion for process improvements? Do you have a proven track record of applying advanced data analytics software solutions to replace manually maintained spreadsheets? If so, we want YOU~~
Join our Transactional Accounting team at Siemens Financial Services in the Americas and together we will make big strides in digitizing the accounting landscape.
- Support implementation of new subledger to support a new line of business (purchase of receivables) and become the accounting topic owner after go-live
- Perform month end close activities and reconciliations
- Increase process efficiency by applying advanced data analytics and visualization tools in close cooperation with IT and data analytics specialists
- Support migration to a new general ledger (SAP S/4 HANA)
- Collaborate routinely and proactively with Company Accounting and Portfolio Accounting to ensure smooth closing processes for multiple legal entities
- Proactively share data analytic knowledge with the entire accounting team
- Assure immaculate books and records within area of responsibility
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Education and/or Experience: B. S. Accounting, 5+ years of experience in either financial services or within a different Siemens business. Ideally part of this time spent in accounting and controlling/financial analysis
- Proven track record of applying advanced data analytics software (e.g. Alteryx, KNIME, Qlik Sense, SAC, Tableau or similar)
- Experience in driving digitization concepts (RPA, data lake applications, etc.) to implementation
- Experience with financing instruments like loans, bonds, and leases.
- Ability to understand broad based accounting, controlling and financial concepts. Working knowledge of financial reporting (IFRS or US GAAP)
- Demonstrate a strong learning attitude
- Experience in or knowledge of general ledger and sub-ledger systems with a strong preference towards SAP
- Having a big picture mindset to understand and explain major developments to quickly cover ad-hoc requests
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written) within the team and cross-functionally
- Willing to lead and put forth new ideas to further improve the accounting organization
- Being a proven change agent and being comfortable in a fast-paced environment
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.