The Production Supervisor is responsible for production output based on labor/equipment efficiency and material availability; supervising employees in a manufacturing environment; enforcing company policies and safety requirements; identifying opportunities and solutions for continuous improvements; promote and practice lean initiatives and quality of product.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Pomona factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
• Balance safety, quality, productivity, cost and morale to achieve positive results in all areas - work for continuous improvement
• Maintains workflow by monitoring process, observing control points, eliminating bottlenecks and facilitating corrections to manpower delineation
• Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls, displays and progress report outs
• Ensure effective employee relations by providing feedback, coaching, and development (cross training) Resolve employee issues through problem resolution
• Maintain working relationship with union by following terms of collective bargaining agreement
• Maintain accurate production floor inventory levels
• Track absenteeism and timekeeping
• Procure and maintain production floor supplies
• Provide manufacturing information by compiling and analyzing performance records and related data
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
2. 3 Years’ experience in production supervision
3. Organization skills and willingness to assume accountability of plant practices
4. Lean manufacturing concepts and principals
5. Project management
• Performance management
• Problem solving/analyses
• Results driven
• Communication proficiency
• Time management
• Technical aptitude
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Supply chain experience
• Familiarity with Six Sigma
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO.
- Extensive training along with career development.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.