Radiation Safety Professional
Siemens Molecular Imaging - PETNET Solutions
The successful applicant will be responsible for operational support of the Siemens Molecular Imaging and PETNET Solutions radiation protection programs at the Knoxville corporate office to ensure regulatory compliance, and the health and safety of our employees. This will include assistance in the development of radioactive materials licensing documents, assessment of program implementation for cyclotrons and PET nuclides, and support for regulatory agency inspections under the supervision of the facility RSO and/or Corporate Radiation Safety Officer. This position is organizationally located within the Regulatory Affairs/Quality Assurance/EHS department of the Molecular Imaging business unit and reports to the Senior Manager of Operational EHS. This position is located in Knoxville, TN.
The Radiation Safety Professional position expectations include:
- Radiation safety and health physics support including implementation of radiation protection and EHS programs to address regulatory requirements and company policy or standards
- Support to the facility RSO in managing the corporate radiation protection program, which includes a bioassay program
- Assistance in the development of complex reporting to satisfy regulatory and corporate requirements
- Active role in the continual improvement and update of existing programs to adapt to changes in regulation, policies, or operations
- Assuring completion of employee training in EHS and radiation safety policy and procedures for corporate office personnel
- Evaluating the EHS and radiation safety impact of new processes/products to meet company objectives, and assist in engineering solutions to achieve those objectives
- Independently performs areas of work such as revisions to operating procedures and technical basis documents
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
In order to meet the above responsibilities, the following are required:
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to prioritize tasks with input from line manager
- Excellent verbal and written skills in order to succinctly and accurately convey the technical elements of regulatory and corporate programs to others inside of the organization
- A high degree of ability to communicate using common office programs such as word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation programs
Education & Experience:
- Two to four years of experience in applied radiation protection or EHS in a manufacturing facility or University setting handling similar nuclides and activities, or in operations at a radiochemical/radiopharmaceutical manufacturing operation, with responsibilities similar to above
- B.S. in Radiation Protection (Health Physics), Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety, or other EHS related program of study, or an engineering/science major with direct experience
- An advanced degree may be substituted for two years of experience
Preferred Knowledge/Skills and Experience
The following are preferred for a highly qualified candidate:
Skills/knowledge as above plus:
- M.S. in Radiation Protection
- Working knowledge and experience with liquid scintillation counting
- Experience with compliance auditing and/or gap analysis
- Familiarity with US radioactive materials regulatory framework
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date except where prohibited by state law.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.