Simcenter Product Manager, Turbomachinery (Location: USA or Europe)
Here at Siemens Digital Industries Software, we are passionate about helping businesses change the world. Our unparalleled portfolio of engineering simulation software allows our customers to supercharge innovation in the most cutting-edge fields.
Today’s biggest engineering challenges aren’t neatly constrained to a single discipline such as fluid dynamics, structural analysis, or systems simulation. Instead, they are cross-discipline and complex. Best in class simulation capabilities are necessary, but innovation comes when these capabilities are orchestrated to solve complex, real-world problems.
From power generation to aircraft engines, turbomachinery is at the heart of many of today’s biggest engineering challenges. This role is focused on understanding industry challenges and how to provide simulation software that helps to tackle these challenges.
As the Application Product Manager for Turbomachinery, you will work with customers and others in the turbomachinery industry to understand industry trends and challenges. You will use this knowledge to define a roadmap to address the most important use cases in the industry. Working across the solution domains, you will create proposals and define specific requirements for new simulation capabilities. If you are someone that has a knack for clearly communicating with multiple levels within an organization at a variety of technical levels, this may be the position for you.
Spreading the word is just as important as building cutting edge technology. You will work with specialists to create demonstration cases and compelling material to show the turbomachinery industry what we are capable of. If showing clear business value is one of your skills, then we should talk.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Skilled at understanding overall customer goals, not just individual software requests
- Highly motivated and able to take charge of large initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (English language) skills; ability to communicate with people at various levels of management and technical backgrounds
- A self-starter able to lead in a globally distributed organization and across cultures
- Experienced with strategic business or project planning and execution
- Degree in related Engineering or Science disciplines with at least 5 years of experience
- First-hand experience in the turbomachinery industry is a plus
- Experience as a technical product manager with a track record of delivering engineering software solutions is a plus
Mentorship and Career Growth:
Our Simcenter team has a mix of experience in both simulation and test, and we are committed to mentoring and onboarding new members. Continuous learning is a key part of our culture, with learning days for the entire organization several times a year. At Siemens we encourage everyone to own their career and enable team members to take on more complex applications and projects over time.
We have a strong emphasis on balancing life and work with individual autonomy. At Siemens you will be working with employees spread around the globe, as we celebrate the diversity that different cultures bring to our organization.
Visit our instagram: @siemenssoftware
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time