The pandemic has impacted many people, creating additional employment challenges, especially for our new College and University graduates of 2020. We at Siemens, want to help.
Experience@Siemens is an exciting opportunity for new Graduates from college or university to transition from academic to the workplace. Siemens Canada will provide you with practical and meaningful work experience as you start your career journey and help you build business skills.
We are passionate about innovations that mean real progress. We are excited about technologies that still need to be developed. What about you? Do you want to use your curiosity, passion, and creativity to make the lives of millions of people easier and better? Join us as a recent graduate -by beginning your early career through Experience@Siemens New Graduate Program. Whichever path you take, we’re looking forward to seeing your perspective.
Recent graduates enrolled in this program will be partnered with a mentor and receive one on one coaching and guidance in support of their development and to help navigate their early career. In addition, this program will help students establish contacts and widen their network to excel in their career journey. Experience@Siemens offers experiential learning and the flexibility to work part-time up to 100 hours per month, allowing you to balance your personal life and career goals.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens.
* Freedom and a healthy work- life balance- Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
* Solve the world’s most significant problems - Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
* Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
* Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
* Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
* Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
* Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
As an Energy Automation Application Support personnel, you should possess a combination of business and technical skills to help support Siemens Energy Automation Business transformation.
This includes but not limited to the following:
* Analyzes customers' technical setup to better judge on aspects of product and solution integration from Energy Automation offerings
* Completes technical analyses and supports proposal process at any stage as part of the sales team.
* Performs the review of task plans, drawings and installation schematics and provides guidance in the phase of product test integration.
* Provide assistance and support to Technical and sales teams in building configurations, engineering diagrams and test energy automation products with guidance from Sales/technical teams
* Provide assistance to the Technical and Sales teams for troubleshooting customer issues relating to Energy and Automation products.
* Builds up a strong knowledge base to have Strong competency in end-to-end solutions from the Energy Automation perspective - Protection Relays, Automation RTUs, Power Quality, PMS/EMCS, HMI Systems
* Uses the built-up strong knowledge base to provide prescribe innovative Protection, Control, Monitoring and Automation solutions to customers.
* Should be able to present SIEMENS solutions and applications in various forums.
* Co-ordinate shipments between customer sites, SIEMENS Canada, and Germany.
* Take ownership for the Operation and Maintenance of the Energy Automation Digital Wall in Oakville office. This includes safety inspection in collaboration with siemens EHS personnel and working with sales and technical team to ensure devices are good working condition to accompany customers during visit for tour and demonstration
What will you need to succeed?
* New graduate from a college or university program in Electrical and Electronic Engineering with connection to Power System Protection & Control.
* Graduated from post-secondary within the last 12 months.
* Above average study performance (Accumulative average > 2.5 (B-)). Transcripts to be provided upon request.
* Demonstrated leadership or initiative at school, work and/or community (extra curricular activities)
* Bilingualism (French, English) is an asset.
* Interest in pursuing career in Energy Automation Portfolio; particularly Protection and Control and IoT connectivity for Digital Transformation
* Thrives in customer engagement and proactively pursues new clients
* Growth mindset, with a passion for learning
* Collaborative with an ability to cultivate relationships and networks
* Agile, technically savvy, with a knack at creating solutions
* Creative thinker with a unique ability for resourcefulness
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and working knowledge of web analytics tools and strong affiliation to learn IoT technology
* Excellent project management, time management skills and pro-active skills
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills with high attention to details
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Ability to adapt to change, take initiative, be resourceful and dependable
* Must be able to work independently and in a confidential and ethical manner
* A terrific team player willing to step in and help
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at  www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Job Type: Part-time temporary
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.